D6 Ticket prices

Hardwood chatter
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

D6 Ticket prices

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Apparently inflation has hit District 6 basketball. Tickets for District games are $8 + fees. That is ridiculous.
longball5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 Ticket prices

Post by longball5 »

Wrestling was $10 for one session…$18 for two
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Colonel Mustard wrote: February 21st, 2022, 6:57 pm Apparently inflation has hit District 6 basketball. Tickets for District games are $8 + fees. That is ridiculous.
PIAA :o) :o) :o) greed at its finest. On a related note, at the present time, having to purchase tickets online ahead of an event is ridiculous.
It ain't over until it's over.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

The district's are the ones making the money, not the PIAA at this point. One of the biggest reasons that the districts and state are moving to online ticketing is because of auditing. The district and school districts auditors are very critical of ticket sales (especially of paper ticket sales). I don't really like the idea of online tickets but I do understand the reason for it.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Anyone who teaches, drives a bus, works in the press box, mows the grass, etc., etc., always gets in free to their school's events. Only when it's an away event do they have to pay. By the same token there are some schools who offer their Sr. citizens a pass. Only when it goes to district playoffs is the PIAA there with both hands out demanding you empty your wallet. It's the PIAA that has the website to get tix, -NOT- the individual school.
It ain't over until it's over.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

Let me clarify when I say district's, I mean District 5,6, etc.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

It's District 6 that is setting these prices. I looked around at other districts and saw $5 and $6 tickets. Does D6 have legal fees from this McCort garbage that they are trying to re-coop?
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

D6 is the most expensive ticket in the state, and the only one doing online tickets. We have a lot of good teams in the area and the district is trying to keep fans away. The ADs of the schools should be ashamed of themselves. Grow a set and tell the district no. Sell tickets at the doors. If D7 can then so can we. And the price is freaking ridiculous. You can watch 5 championship games on Saturday the 5th at the Pete for 10 dollars, and they want 10 for 1 game. It’s a joke.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

D5 is also doing the on-line tickets. I know for myself I would go to different games throughout the playoffs and watch school play, nit just the school I support. Those decisions would be at the last moment and you knew you could get the tickets at the door. I will not do that this year because of this on-line ordering. Once the districts see that they might be losing money from the walk-up sales maybe they will go back to the "old way" of doing things. This just my look at things.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

dadw/2sons wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 12:21 pm D5 is also doing the on-line tickets. I know for myself I would go to different games throughout the playoffs and watch school play, nit just the school I support. Those decisions would be at the last moment and you knew you could get the tickets at the door. I will not do that this year because of this on-line ordering. Once the districts see that they might be losing money from the walk-up sales maybe they will go back to the "old way" of doing things. This just my look at things.
I bet they’re making more money because of NFHS to be honest. The schools losing on concession and what not hurts too, as well as the playoff atmosphere with less fans attending. It’s a shame they can’t do some type of “playoff pass” where for like $50 you can go to as many games as possible