D6 Playoffs

Hardwood chatter
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

D6 Playoffs

Post by ERAChamp »

Hard to believe that BM couldn't close the deal in the LHAC or district playoffs. That team has a ton of talent, but something is off on Osborne Street. Tough draw in the first round of states with Windber on the horizon. Very well could be 0-3 in championships this year when at least one should have been a definite.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 Playoffs

Post by Colonel Mustard »

After both losses, BM's coach seemed to throw his girls under the bus in interviews. In both games he pointed out that girls didn't follow his game plan or screwed up the defense somehow. Is it me or is that unusual? I've seen coaches question their kids effort, but don't think I can recall a coach basically saying that 'my plan was good, the girls screwed it up, and that's why we lost.'
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Colonel Mustard wrote: March 4th, 2022, 7:30 pm After both losses, BM's coach seemed to throw his girls under the bus in interviews. In both games he pointed out that girls didn't follow his game plan or screwed up the defense somehow. Is it me or is that unusual? I've seen coaches question their kids effort, but don't think I can recall a coach basically saying that 'my plan was good, the girls screwed it up, and that's why we lost.'
So you are trying to tell me that many HS coaches are pursuing their own self-aggrandizement and not actually focused on being the "Leaders of Young People" they claim to be? Well I for one am shocked....SHOCKED I TELL YOU...by this accusation!
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Check out some of the 'school' names in the state brackets. In 3A, you have 'Math, Civics, and Science', 'Executive Education', and 'String Theory', to go along with a bunch of charters, academies, and catholic schools. WTH???
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Colonel Mustard wrote: March 4th, 2022, 7:30 pm After both losses, BM's coach seemed to throw his girls under the bus in interviews. In both games he pointed out that girls didn't follow his game plan or screwed up the defense somehow. Is it me or is that unusual? I've seen coaches question their kids effort, but don't think I can recall a coach basically saying that 'my plan was good, the girls screwed it up, and that's why we lost.'
I thought the same thing as I was reading the articles. It did seem that he was putting the blame on the girls, not himself.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Homer Center girls move on with a victory over Serra Catholic. River Valley girls advance with a twenty point win over Chestnut Ridge. BC boys bounced by Union, 49 - 28.
Last edited by tubmill on March 13th, 2022, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Lady Rangers won 64-45, after being tied @ 28 @ half. Next against Pitt. N. Cath. Tue.
It ain't over until it's over.