D6 Playoffs

Hardwood chatter
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 Playoffs

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Manfred wrote: March 1st, 2022, 11:50 am FH vs River Valley. RV has 4 losses, 2 to Penns Manor, but they beat BMCHS, which is what FH didn't do. Should be a barn burner.
River Valley. 72
FH. 60

Final
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Does anyone know if the WPIAL still does follow the leader for seeding or did they come up with a new structure for the state playoffs?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Follow the leader.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

What a game for the 3A final! Richland hits a last second three to tie the game in regulation and then scores in the final 30 seconds of overtime to win by 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Great game, terrible venue for the 3A championships. You can tell that the people that make these decisions don't attend the games.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Haha, they're at the games.

I honestly don't see the problem with CC. It's an older gym, but it generally works out fine every time they host big district and state playoff games. My biggest issue with the place is not having the bench separated from the crowd.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

The student sections take up half of the bottom section. And they let them stand all game so if you are sitting anywhere near them, you can't see. And its about 95 degrees in there. If you want to stuff a single A crowd there, go for it, but not a 3A crowd. I'm sure its comfy at the media table, but did you look around at all?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I wasn't there last night. Seemed fine for the LHAC title game, though.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

It wasn't. 10-15 people standing in each corner. Fans on the bench and right on top of the players. Its too small for these types of games. I get that The Mount wasn't available last night, but how about St. Francis? How about pushing every game back 1 day? Everyone in the top section was miserable. For nearly $10 bucks per ticket, that's unacceptable.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Blueandwhitefan wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 7:37 pm
Manfred wrote: March 1st, 2022, 11:50 am FH vs River Valley. RV has 4 losses, 2 to Penns Manor, but they beat BMCHS, which is what FH didn't do. Should be a barn burner.
River Valley. 72
FH. 60

Final
Lady Rangers were down by what, 18 points at one time, fought back to tie the game, then I think just ran out of gas. RV is a really good team. I can see how they beat BMCHS now, but really....how did they lose twice to PM and once to HC? That frosh guard is the real deal! Awesome.
It ain't over until it's over.