2022 states

Hardwood chatter
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

2022 states

Post by Manfred »

Congrats to Neshannock girls. At least 1 public has won. Out of 24. Great for the sport.
It ain't over until it's over.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

2022 states

Post by HSD6FAN »

Manfred wrote:Congrats to Neshannock girls. At least 1 public has won. Out of 24. Great for the sport.
So it looks like the Boys’ bracket just wrapped up with Roman Catholic taking the 6A title. All six classes on the boys’ side were won by a Catholic or Charter School. (Bishop Canevin, OLSH, Devon Prep, NG, Imhotep, and RC)

By the law of averages, most schools in PA are public. Shouldn’t the public schools have won at least 50% of the title games?

I’m guessing they just need to work harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by HSD6FAN on March 26th, 2022, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

2022 states

Post by HSD6FAN »

HSD6FAN wrote:
Manfred wrote:Congrats to Neshannock girls. At least 1 public has won. Out of 24. Great for the sport.
So it looks like the Boys’ bracket just wrapped up with Roman Catholic taking the 6A title. All six classes on the boys’ side was won by a Catholic or Charter School. (Bishop Canevin, OLSH, Devon Prep, NG, Imhotep, and RC)

By the law of averages, most schools in PA are public. Shouldn’t the public schools have won at least 50% of the title games?

I’m guessing they just need to work harder.

On the girls’ side, Neshanock and Plymouth-Whitemarsh won the 2A and 6A titles.

2 for 12 for the public schools. 17%.

If you don’t see a disparity, I’d like to hear a valid reason. Maybe it’s because these superior basketball players want to attend these schools based on their educational value.