Best Boys Hoops team?

Hardwood chatter
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Best Boys Hoops team?

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Central looking like a team that hasn’t played in 10 days. Can’t buy a bucket.

Johnstown 22
Central 8
Halftime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Johnstown 57
Central 39
Final

Good luck to the Trojans at states!

costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

I was impressed with Johnstown. They basically took Central out of anything they tried to do. Really good, aggressive defense…. Very active hands. It actually felt like it was worse than an 18 point win. It was up to 26 at one point in the fourth.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

costanza wrote:I was impressed with Johnstown. They basically took Central out of anything they tried to do. Really good, aggressive defense…. Very active hands. It actually felt like it was worse than an 18 point win. It was up to 26 at one point in the fourth.
Agree 100%. Set the tone right from the tip with their defensive effort. Game was never in doubt.

stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

Central had a really good team this year and it’s a shame that they don’t qualify for states as a 6-2 because I think they could probably pick up a couple more wins or at least be very competitive.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Johnstown plays the WPIAL fourth place team in the first round next Friday. Meaning, they will play the loser of tonight's WPIAL consolation game between Laurel Highlands and Highlands. I'm pretty sure the first round is played on the home court of the higher seed now in the state playoffs, so the Trojans will get one game at home.

Should Johnstown beat either Highlands or Laurel Highlands (no easy task) in the first round, they will run into Lincoln Park (presumably, unless North Catholic pulls an upset Friday). And Lincoln Park is very much loaded this year. They have Brandin Cummings, a junior already committed to Pitt, and Meleek Thomas arguably the best sophomore in the entire country. Thomas is ranked as the No. 4 recruit nationally in the class of 2024 according to ESPN and No. 7 by Rivals.

At the top, AAAA might have the best overall teams in the state. It's a very difficult bracket.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

Johnstown will do like they do every year look good in regular season and D6 playoffs because it is a weaker league and 4A district and go out first round when they play real competition.
D6sportsfan8819
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6sportsfan8819 »

Gonna be a good one tomorrow night between BG and Penn cambria. Weather permitting.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Thinking the same, games may be PP'd till Sat. Usually if schools dismiss early b/c of weather, nothing goes on that night. Esp. like Huntingdon Lady Cats coming up over the mtn.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Thinking the same, games may be PP'd till Sat. Usually if schools dismiss early b/c of weather, nothing goes on that night. Esp. like Huntingdon Lady Cats coming up over the mtn.
It ain't over until it's over.