BG Boys HC position open

Hardwood chatter
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: BG Boys HC position open

Post by footballfan1 »

Heard from a reliable source that the Jr. High coach could end up getting the job also known as AKA a Yes man.
Trump24
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Trump24 »

Huge shoes to fill with the bonus of no support from the administration or athletic departments. Anyone who applies for that position after what transpired is crazy and setting themselves up for failure. No fun coaching while looking over your shoulder.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

It would seem to me from todays Mirror info that there is far more to this story than we know (or probably ever will know).

I’ll say this as a general
Statement NOT saying this is what happened at BG but I’ve seen it elsewhere. I think all coaches play their best even if it’s a football player too who didn’t play basketball year round. No coach is dumb enough to sit a kid like that if they help you win… BUT there’s a big difference between that and a coach trying to talk that kid into not playing football so he can focus on basketball (or vice Versa for that matter)…. To me those are two separate issues…. And again… that’s just a general thought… I am NOT saying that’s what Coach Drenning did because I have absolutely idea….

Just a hunch reading between the lines a bit…