Forum Layout Suggestion

Have ideas to make things better? Let us know in here...
Athens/Cat
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Forum Layout Suggestion

Post by Athens/Cat »

Hey guys what's up...

I have a few suggestions dealing with the forum layout...more specifically the football topic cuz it gets the most traffic.

I'd definatly change the layout which would be a huge upgrade and make it easier to view and find topics you're interested in. I'm getting these ideas from other forums that I go to...

Instead of just a general football forum try maybe like:

A General Section..
Weekly Match-up Section...
Playoff talk...
Public vs Private talk...

IMO The site layout should evolve according to the topics being talked about etc. etc.

You guys do a great job of keeping things as sane as possible

I think this would help evenmore..

let me know what you think
Last edited by Athens/Cat on September 20th, 2011, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
D6 Sports Network - Innovative High School Sports Media and Broadcasting
http://d6sportsnetwork.com/
Follow @D6SN on Twitter ;)
nLions1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Forum Layout Suggestion

Post by nLions1 »

yeah and a Bishop McCort recruiting section for the people who wont let it go already.
Well let me tell you, nLions1 is a big time friend of Janek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"That's the difference between Pitt and PSU fans. We Pitt fans know that we stink and can readily admit it." - WPIAL~Titan
richaboli
Senior
Senior

Post by richaboli »

The ovals at the bottom of a post are a problem. They read:
profile reply email
I have received intended board posts to my personal message mailbox because after some people type a post they incorrectly click the blue reply oval.
I have done the same thing myself when trying to post on the board a reply.

Perhaps the ovals should read:
profile pm's(for personal messages) email
so that the poster knows to look further for the reply button to reply to posts.

Perhaps,even, the reply/quick reply buttons should be changed to post and quick post.
(Actually, I don't know the difference between the quick option and the regular one.)
WakeXtreme
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by WakeXtreme »

Athens/Cat wrote:I have a few suggestions dealing with the forum layout...more specifically the football topic cuz it gets the most traffic.
Thanks for the forum layout suggestions Athens/Cat. Your ideas sound good to me, but forum layout is more Coach's ballpark so I'll leave this up to him.
richaboli wrote:The ovals at the bottom of a post are a problem.
Good eye richaboli. The private message button you are refering to actully had the wrong image associated with it. The PM button should now look like this: Image
richaboli wrote:Actually, I don't know the difference between the quick option and the regular one.
I just answered this very question over in the support forum. Check out the following link for the answer: Post Reply vs Quick Reply

- Wake :-B