Altoona sports

Shoot the half!!!
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Altoona sports

Post by 223113 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
footballmadness wrote:Well IMO, BG is successful do to an open minded athletic director 
Open boundaries don’t hurt
Haha, thx. That put a smile on my face.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

footballmadness wrote:Was at D6 wrestling this weekend. they do a good job on organizing the tourney but 2 things stand out.  (1) Kid at 220 is allowed to move up to 285 for districts, resulting in a decent sophomore (whose brother was a standout) not wrestling in districts, though he was the 285 all season.  The 220 kid was suspended from school for a few weeks, and has had previous behavior issues on the mat.  Great example you set there Coach.... and (2) word is that the AD for Altoona is going to take over the football coaching position since "no good candidates" have come forward.  Rumor was this was the plan all along as he has a son coming up through the program.  So, they promote a kid with a negative background and allow an AD to advertise for a job he wanted all along.  Glad I don't live there....
I knew that from when the job was opened. It was a front National Search more like clown search. Made it look like an effort was being put forward.  Now it's Riccio . Oh I'll take it since nobody wants it.He was the only candidate from Day 1. Clown search! !
ICCfanatic
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCfanatic »

Riccio sat in on everyone else’s interview...if he gets this job then something is seriously wrong with this picture....very unfair. 
thepalerider
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by thepalerider »

This sounds like a solid hire with Philly R. It worked the first time he was the HC. I don’t know what is a bigger joke this so called national search or this guy. In my opinion, they didn’t give Felus enough time  My guess they put all their eggs into the Steve Tanneyhill basket and came up empty, so now let’s backtrack with a blast from the past wonder if Ed Dalton or Tom Palfey would be interested.
footballmadness
Freshman
Freshman

Post by footballmadness »

223113 wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
footballmadness wrote:Well IMO, BG is successful do to an open minded athletic director 
Open boundaries don’t hurt
Haha, thx. That put a smile on my face.

what I meant- If you put Altoona's AD in charge at BG, they don't have the same success.  Yes, they have open boundaries that help, but their AD and football coach work it to be successful.    Put Riccio at BG, no state titles...
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

thepalerider wrote:This sounds like a solid hire with Philly R. It worked the first time he was the HC. I don’t know what is a bigger joke this so called national search or this guy. In my opinion, they didn’t give Felus enough time  My guess they put all their eggs into the Steve Tanneyhill basket and came up empty, so now let’s backtrack with a blast from the past wonder if Ed Dalton or Tom Palfey would be interested.
I was told he didn’t want to hire Tanneyhill because he knew he couldn’t control him or get rid of him if he wanted to like he did to Felus. But it/he is the joke like everyone knows already. 
goldendevil
Freshman
Freshman

Post by goldendevil »

Well now Steve Tanneyhill was a above average D-1 player at South Carolina while Phil was a just a average mascot at Juniata
College.  It would make sense to pick Phil again, hopefully the school board will go in Phil the mascots favor 5-4.
For out of towners the 5-4 has been the normal vote the past year.   Go get-em Phil.   Rah-Rah, Sha Bang.