Dual Meet question

Shoot the half!!!
Topper1986
Freshman
Freshman

Dual Meet question

Post by Topper1986 »

Why does Bishop McCort get a pass on having Dual meet season? I heard it was an LHAC decision. Does that seem ... ODD to anyone but me? I could see doing away with all duals - but this pick and choose, what in favoritism is going on here?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Dual Meet question

Post by Manfred »

With only 3 wrestlers, why bother? And one of those, the older Gibson, was mentioned in the paper as being declared ineligible for the season. They are still able to compete in open tournaments like this weekend's Powerade.
It ain't over until it's over.
Topper1986
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Topper1986 »

So then are they officially 0-9 in the LHAC.
Does no one else think of this as an advantage for the post season- it’s like Ohio State playing half a season - there is no wear and tear or weight making or exposure to Covid that the rest of the wrestlers will have.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

How do you qualify for districts if you do not wrestle during the regular season? What is the criteria?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

As a team they would not qualify. As individuals, there have been instances where wrestlers from schools w/o a team have competed, and won handily. The name Haselrig comes to mind. But it is my understanding that the D6 Committee has ruled Gibson not eligible individually for this season. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
It ain't over until it's over.