McCort Wrestling

Shoot the half!!!
highschoolfan
Freshman
Freshman

Re: McCort Wrestling

Post by highschoolfan »

Colonel Mustard wrote: March 6th, 2022, 6:51 pm If the coach is suspended from the high school team, why is he allowed to coach the Junior High wrestlers? Are there no adults in charge at BM?
Correct….no ADULTS.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Was it a PiAA sanctioned event?
Slippery95
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Slippery95 »

I assume you are referring to the Coach taking a seat in his son's corner this past weekend at the Junior High - PJWs?!?!?!?!

This is not a PIAA event..........so the PIAA, Bishop McCort or any sanctions placed can be forgotten. They have no say in what occurs at this event.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I was talking from the schools perspective. Coach gets suspended and gets your high school team banned from the postseason for 2 years for cheating. A month later he is on the front page of the paper doing interviews as the BM Junior High head coach. Don't you at least symbolically name someone else as the JH coach and ask this guy to lay low for a little while? It's a bad look for BM and their CEO.
Slippery95
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Slippery95 »

Col. Mustard,

You are 100% correct. I was not aware he was doing that! I assumed you were talking about this past weekends PJW tournament.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

He still does interviews and (his own) press releases like he is still the acting coach at BM. I cannot understand why the Parrish at BM doesn't suspend, or terminate him? And I don't know this Smith guy at all, but what is he thinking letting this guy be the face of his program and school? What does that say about your ethics (or lack thereof), and attracting new students? What parent with half a brain would send their impressionable child there to wrestle under someone who obviously doesn't follow, or even try to follow, rules? There is no integrity in this situation at all, and basically screams 'win at all costs'.

So he was in the corner of PJW acting like the BM coach? I haven't been to that event in years, and understand it is not affliated with PIAA, but what precedent are you setting as BM allowing this guy to coach the other kids. Obviously no one can stop him from coaching his own son, but reading above it sounds like he coached the entire team?? I have heard rumors that other schools are none to happy with this guy for throwing them under the bus in the lawsuit, and basically selling them out, and ratting out other schools that he said also recruit. This guy must barely be able to show his face at an event.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

everett wrote: March 9th, 2022, 10:33 am He still does interviews and (his own) press releases like he is still the acting coach at BM. I cannot understand why the Parrish at BM doesn't suspend, or terminate him? And I don't know this Smith guy at all, but what is he thinking letting this guy be the face of his program and school? What does that say about your ethics (or lack thereof), and attracting new students? What parent with half a brain would send their impressionable child there to wrestle under someone who obviously doesn't follow, or even try to follow, rules? There is no integrity in this situation at all, and basically screams 'win at all costs'.

So he was in the corner of PJW acting like the BM coach? I haven't been to that event in years, and understand it is not affliated with PIAA, but what precedent are you setting as BM allowing this guy to coach the other kids. Obviously no one can stop him from coaching his own son, but reading above it sounds like he coached the entire team?? I have heard rumors that other schools are none to happy with this guy for throwing them under the bus in the lawsuit, and basically selling them out, and ratting out other schools that he said also recruit. This guy must barely be able to show his face at an event.
I totally agree with you but you seem to underestimate the ability of some people to feel shame or have any capability to be introspective.

It is puzzling what BM administration is thinking though. Are they afraid of something sordid internally they are afraid of being exposed if they take action against him?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

'sordid internally'? Are you kidding? Have you forgotten about the Fr. Baker molestation scandal? Ken Salem 'took one for the school' and fell on his sword, yet the 'Lady' who hired Baker, and failed to vett him beforehand, got away with no penalties whatsoever. One of the former athletes took his own life over the shame and stigma.
It ain't over until it's over.
longball5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by longball5 »

It's possible the principal is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: March 9th, 2022, 3:10 pm 'sordid internally'? Are you kidding? Have you forgotten about the Fr. Baker molestation scandal? Ken Salem 'took one for the school' and fell on his sword, yet the 'Lady' who hired Baker, and failed to vett him beforehand, got away with no penalties whatsoever. One of the former athletes took his own life over the shame and stigma.
I just meant there may be other stuff going on they are afraid he will spill the beans about. Dogs, fleas, and all that.

Clearly history is not on their side and we are justified in our suspicions.