Bedford’s head wrestling job

Shoot the half!!!
bedfordcountyfan
Freshman
Freshman

Bedford’s head wrestling job

Post by bedfordcountyfan »

Anyone have insight on applicants? Hoping they pick someone who actually shows up this time.
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Bedford’s head wrestling job

Post by wrestler02 »

Rumor at Orchard is elder Ripple put in. Will be surprised if they go with him after the tantrum he threw last summer, but Bedford always makes such great decisions
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

From a very reliable source....4 applicants.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
BisonLegend68
Junior
Junior

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Something tells me it’s not Teasdale, Cassidy’s old man or one of the Cahills. Bring old man Creps back if you want some organization and groom someone to run the program the right way. Steal one of the Ridge assistants back, they can get out of Deputys shadow and become his arch rival. Let’s Make Bedford great again.
silentbob
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by silentbob »

There hasn't been much said this time around. FWIW I heard 3 or 4 applicants.

1) Ripple- Former HC at Everett and was Bedford's Junior high coach the past few years.
2) Carrol- Former Bedford assistant from the Creps era
3) Mull- Current CR JH coach, heard his boys last year and looking to get out of the Deputy shadow with a move to Bedford.

are the ones I had heard rumored.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Tell Mull to go back to Somerset if he can't handle deputy's shadow!!
BisonLegend68
Junior
Junior

Post by BisonLegend68 »

I heard Mull was considering throwing his hat in the ring. With the success of ridge the last decade they should be targeting one of their assistants. Is Pat Berezansky able to be a head coach again? Wonder how much cash it would take to get Deputy back as a Bison
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

silentbob wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 11:57 am There hasn't been much said this time around. FWIW I heard 3 or 4 applicants.

1) Ripple- Former HC at Everett and was Bedford's Junior high coach the past few years.
2) Carrol- Former Bedford assistant from the Creps era
3) Mull- Current CR JH coach, heard his boys last year and looking to get out of the Deputy shadow with a move to Bedford.

are the ones I had heard rumored.
Carroll hasn't been in that room for several years, and I think just stopped coaching fball a couple of years ago. Plus he coaches at Orchard, so be surprised if he put in. Probably the best of all three IMO. As for mull, that would also surprise me, but then again several people here at CR would probably be happy if this happened.
creedence
Freshman
Freshman

Post by creedence »

No. No way he would go back to Somerset. He's not a dodgeball coach's ,serious wrestling. He could do big things at Bedford. He has a deep background in strength training and more successful programs are winning because of their strength program. When they brought him up from Somerset and merged with his wrestling club he turned alot of things around. He would be a good fit anywhere for a head coaching job. You could even might see the program losing him to Bedford or Forest Hills as long as it was the head coaching job when Jack Strayer steps down this year. He's doing good at CR and building from strength up and the program is growing. It would be a shame to lose him to Bedford or Forest Hills. He wants to stay but they better realize he has options.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Jake Strayer leaving? Since when?
It ain't over until it's over.