tea party

Discuss all political matters here!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

tea party

Post by konjo78 »

As a Republican I hope the tea party actually makes their own party on ballot. That way good Republican leaders can actually make past non popular primaries and we dont have to suffer their ideas that dont exactly align with my beliefs of the party. And so if a shutdown happens again we can blame the actual tea oartyy and not all Republicans
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: tea party

Post by animus »

Perhaps the Tea Party should move away from those Pig Spending jackasses.

Here's the deal between Mich and Reid
http://news.yahoo.com/congressional-dea ... 12679.html
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Just let the tea party be its own party. At least Mich made a deal, got people back to work and stopped tea party stupidity
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I guess the nation really is screwed when a party that fancy's itself as conservative is as Liberal as the opposition party.

People these days forget what the Federal Government is really for. The Government should GTO the markets... PERIOD... Federal Government should get out of healthcare, education, and just about everything it's involved in. The Republicans added about $6T to the debt while The Democrats added $9T to the debt and all you care about is bureaucrats going back to work. Washington is a cesspool of fiscal irresponsibility and somehow the one faction of a party is looked at as the bad guys.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

My parents who live in Washington state as director of individual labs for the nations biggest clean up sites are not bureaucrats. Their hardworking Americans that have worked their way up from a water treatment company in Indiana, PA. There were going to be a few thousand hard working people laid off in this area if not for a deal. INL in Idaho was already shutdown the whole time. Another few thousand non bureaucratic employees who have contracts with the government that couldn't work. If you think bureaucrats were all who were effected you're wrong. I can keep going on and on where hard working Americans got furlowed by shutdown
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I agree not all government workers aren't bureaucrats. I served in the Navy. My civilian counterpart was a lifesaver more than once.

Here's the thing though; Washington needs to cut spending and by a lot. Social Programs, and Defense needs to be cut by a lot. The few example's you mentioned could easily be run by the individual states, and would probably be ran more efficiently if ran by the states or privatized. This nation can't survive much longer with $17T+ debts and more than $3T budget shortfalls.

And Obama is as much to blame for the shutdown as Cruz is. He refused to negotiate as much as Cruz.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I agree all sides are to blame. And the real sad thing was they were only looking about Obamacare. Cut spending on defense, food stamps, and other things.. Stop focusing on obamacare.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I tend to think that Obamacare was just a start. I'm not going to say that the TEA Party is the end all here. I'm not Republican nor a Democrat. I'm Libertarian and I see even faults w/ the TEA Party.

My problem with everything is that neither side wanted to negotiate real cuts and kicked everything to January. The worst part about our Federal Government is that they stick their noses in area's it doesn't belong, but refuses to do things that actually benefit the market/competition. Bush and then Obama's bailouts was downright stupid and terribly irresponsible. Both Bush and Obama should've let the market correct itself. We would've been out of this mess already if it wasn't for too much government involvement. And this government involvement has lead to this debt crisis we're in that we consistently kick down the road.