The winner of the election is..........

Discuss all political matters here!
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Regardless of who you voted for, it is literally unbelievable that we STILL don't know who won the election yet!! We can track packages around the world and know precisely where they are, but we can't come up with a better voting system than we have now?? I felt like I was starting my S.A.T.'s for college again when I went to vote. We as a nation HAVE to do better than this. So sad. :(
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: The winner of the election is..........

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Elections are a function of the state, not the federal government as they should be.

So, we can thank our illustrious general assembly for either failing to or refusing to reform the election process in PA. They could have counted ballots as they came in but now are tasked with counting millions of paper ballots all at once. And I Agree the double enveloping was unnecessarily cumbersome and offered nothing for security.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

It wouldnt matter if we had a "clear" winner or not by now. Either side was ready to make a legal battle over this.

Like 2000 on super steroids
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

konjo78 wrote: November 5th, 2020, 1:32 pm It wouldnt matter if we had a "clear" winner or not by now. Either side was ready to make a legal battle over this.

Like 2000 on super steroids
While I agree the next few months are gonna be pretty nuts I disagree that it's 2000 on steroids.

In 2000 both Gore and Bush made compelling arguments and unified their parties behind them and ultimately Bush prevailed through those arguments.

This time trump is making ludicrous claims that are even being rebuked by most of his own party. Trump has a litigious history but it's usually been through overwhelming force rather than compelling arguments. He just makes it too expensive for the other side to fight back and that wont-work here.

I haven't seen the evidence that trump claims fraud because hes screaming about it doesn't mean a court has to take him seriously.
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

Not sure if this link will work but here’s one of the many fraudulent cases I’ve seen.

Sounds like Nevada is pretty bad also. I heard the Clarke County Election chairman(?) say they have ballots for deceased people and also for people that don’t live in Nevada anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Not sure how that is proof of fraud. It's an allegation by somebody who is interested in getting the attention of Hannity and Carlson, neither of whom is a journalist or has any legal authority.

Dynamite accent though!
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

I’m not saying there is any proof. Just saying there’s more people than just the President claiming fraud as you suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I understand, but they are his ardent supporters who are making the claims of fraud and election stealing. I just saw Pat Toomey say that he was concerned that the observers weren't being given proper access but added that was not evidence of fraud. I agree with that. If the Republican observers are being denied access they are entitled to, that needs to be remedied.
I do agree there are some others issues with votes, though. This from the Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... -election/

More than 150,000 ballots were caught in U.S. Postal Service processing facilities and not delivered by Election Day, agency data shows, including more than 12,000 in five of the states that have yet to be called for either President Trump or his Democratic challenger Joe Biden.
Despite assurances from Postal Service leaders that agency officials were conducting daily sweeps for misplaced ballots, the mail service acknowledged in a court filing Thursday that thousands of ballots had not been processed in time, and that more ballots were processed Wednesday than on Election Day.