January 4

Discuss all political matters here!
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

January 4

Post by footballfan1 »

Will the governor follow through and at 8am Monday January 4 this 3 week restraint we have been under is lifted? Or in next couple of days he adds to it? Extends it?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: January 4

Post by Manfred »

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts....absolutely. He's had everyone under his thumb for 10 months now why should he change? The excuse will be the new strain of Wuhan flu found this week in Colorado by a native who did not travel to England, and that not enough indoctrinations, errr, I mean innoculations, have been dispensed. Sleepy Joe at least had this right: It will be a long dark winter.
It ain't over until it's over.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Just found this.

Office of the Governor
@GovernorsOffice
·
Dec 28
@GovernorTomWolf
and
@SecretaryLevine
today released a status update from the COVID-19 Early Warning Monitoring System Dashboard, comparing the period of Dec. 18 – 25 to the previous seven days and highlighting an increase of 46,777 cases.

An athletic director I know told me that he would almost have to make any changes this Friday and I would assume if he does not have any press conferences announced then January 4 holds true.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Manfred wrote: December 30th, 2020, 10:28 am Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts....absolutely. He's had everyone under his thumb for 10 months now why should he change? The excuse will be the new strain of Wuhan flu found this week in Colorado by a native who did not travel to England, and that not enough indoctrinations, errr, I mean innoculations, have been dispensed. Sleepy Joe at least had this right: It will be a long dark winter.
:))
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Breaking news - restrictions being lifted on 1/4/21 to same limits as before most recent shutdown.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Yes just came through wolf is sticking to jan 4. News outlets.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I suppose it is now up to each school district on starting winter sports. Westmont isn't returning to the classroom until at least January 18.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I have seen the tentative 13 game schedule for FH boys' & girls' hoops, beginning Jan. 22. From the 4th to then, plenty of time to get those 10 practices in. No word on wrestling yet. Of course, it's yet to be determined if any fans will be allowed to attend. Family or other. If someone hears officially, many of us would appreciate the updates.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Even though many area schools are remaining remote until mid-January, including FH & WH, sports are definitely starting 1/4/21 - they are allowed to practice & play under these remote learning guidelines. Basketball practices are going to start on that date, with 10 mandatory practices before any games can be played. I have not heard anything definitive on wrestling, but I believe that was going to be further delayed.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Thanks, ERAChamp.