Recognition

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Recognition

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Now that the teams in the LHAC, Heritage and WestPAC are out of the playoffs for the season, I am going to dig into MaxPreps and see who made the top 15 in the state of Pennsylvania in each stat category to recognize them for a job well done. I dont think that an all area team is comprised by anyone, nor do I think that an all state team is comprised in baseball as it is in other sports. Should you want to throw out any individuals names for an all area team (District 5 and 6???) please do. I chose the top 15 to list just because if you are in the top 15, you had an exceptional year. As did top 25 and probably top 50. Our local baseball representation has been pretty solid as of late. The reps listed below finished in the top 15 in each reportable category in MaxPreps and each would be listed as a member of the my personal all area team. The stats are not per classification, they would be for all classifications. Be interesting to comprise the All-Bleacher Coaches Area Team. Here are my 2 cents for the start of an All-Bleacher Coaches Area Team. I only  included the LHAC, Heritage and WestPAC players due to that is who I follow the most in the Tribune. Feel Free to add others as there are several outstanding players in the other surrounding conferences as well. Great Season BOYS! You represented our area well. If I missed anyone in the three conferences that I shared info on, I apologize in advance. Shirts are in the mail (jk). 
Batting Average:
#6 Jayke Saiani - Homer Center - .593
#7 Chase Vargo - Windber Area - .589
#13 Brady Yard - Saltsburg - .568
Homeruns - Nobody in top 15 - those with 5-6 Homeruns are: 
Brady Yard - Saltsburg 6
Devin Foster - Conemaugh Township 5
Dylan Cindric - Saltsburg 5
Slugging Percentage: 
#4 Brady Yard Saltsburg 1.216
#5 Jayke Saiani Homer Center 1.148
#14 Chase Vargo Windber .982
#15 Devin Renzi Central Cambria .978
RBI:
#3 Devin Foster Conemaugh Township 44
#11 Jayke Saiani Homer Center 36
Runs: 
#11 Jordan Poznanski Conemaugh Township 37
#13 Rhett Pletcher Rockwood 36
On Base Percentage: 
#4 Ryan Mastovich Johnstown .709
#7 Jayke Saiani Homer Center .684
#9 Canyon Rankin Homer Center .679
#14 Brady Yard Saltsburg .667
Stolen Bases:
#11 Jeremy Layton Windber 28
ERA:
#11 Devin Foster Conemaugh Township .55
Strikeouts:
#1 Devin Foster Conemaugh Township 136
#5 Troy Emert Rockwood 100
Wins:
#7 Devin Foster Conemaugh Township 9
No Hitters:
Rhett Pletcher Rockwood 2
Jayke Saiani Homer Center 1
Fielding 1.000
Brycen Rearick Forest Hills
Nathaniel Semanek Bedford
Jeffrey Haer Meyersdale
Blake Pellagrino Central Cambria
Logan Webb Westmont
Peyton Marteeny Somerset
Best wishes to the graduated Seniors in their future endeavors and to all in your summer league play!