2021 Pirates

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

2021 Pirates

Post by 12HankQB »

I know Manny has been waiting for this topic to lay the hammer down and squash the hopes n dreams of like 5 peoples..... I really enjoy watching this team. I don't think they're a 100 loss team, said that since day one with their lineup. They're 11-11, in 2nd place in a crappy division...I'm pretty happy. They're at least giving us watchable baseball.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2021 Pirates

Post by knowitall »

It really is a shame that they went on the cheap and gave most of their pitching away in the offseason.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

12HankQB wrote: April 27th, 2021, 8:00 am I know Manny has been waiting for this topic to lay the hammer down and squash the hopes n dreams of like 5 peoples..... I really enjoy watching this team. I don't think they're a 100 loss team, said that since day one with their lineup. They're 11-11, in 2nd place in a crappy division...I'm pretty happy. They're at least giving us watchable baseball.
I'm hurt. LOL I have said it before so in case anyone missed it, I was a Bucco fan from back in the late 50's, and the sixties, after the 1960 Series win. Those were some really bad teams too. I suffered with it until '71, and then my idol died. Then I suffered until 79, then suffered until Drabek, Smiley, Bonds before steroids, and Bonilla in the 90's. But at least they had competent management back then. It royally sux now. As a lifelong 'fan', I am empowered to rip the azzez of them and anyone who is a blind unknowledgable follower. They will get better, but likely not before I pass away. My watchable baseball is the Rangers HS, Legion, and college. It doesn't cost me beaucoup bucks to go to an actual game, take my own food & beverages, buy a 50-50, hang with my friends, and not have to get into fights either verbal or ? about it. If you don't care for my comments, or attitude on here, you are free to put me on ignore. I won't really G. 2 good S. about it. Enjoy your limited freedoms.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Pleasantly surprised so far, they aren't the worst team in the league. A few guys are playing above their means, and should get a decent return at the trade deadline. They're doing the right thing by tearing everything down and starting over, but any stretch of competent play is a nice bonus to help pass the time.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Manfred wrote: April 27th, 2021, 11:19 am
12HankQB wrote: April 27th, 2021, 8:00 am I know Manny has been waiting for this topic to lay the hammer down and squash the hopes n dreams of like 5 peoples..... I really enjoy watching this team. I don't think they're a 100 loss team, said that since day one with their lineup. They're 11-11, in 2nd place in a crappy division...I'm pretty happy. They're at least giving us watchable baseball.
I'm hurt. LOL I have said it before so in case anyone missed it, I was a Bucco fan from back in the late 50's, and the sixties, after the 1960 Series win. Those were some really bad teams too. I suffered with it until '71, and then my idol died. Then I suffered until 79, then suffered until Drabek, Smiley, Bonds before steroids, and Bonilla in the 90's. But at least they had competent management back then. It royally sux now. As a lifelong 'fan', I am empowered to rip the azzez of them and anyone who is a blind unknowledgable follower. They will get better, but likely not before I pass away. My watchable baseball is the Rangers HS, Legion, and college. It doesn't cost me beaucoup bucks to go to an actual game, take my own food & beverages, buy a 50-50, hang with my friends, and not have to get into fights either verbal or ? about it. If you don't care for my comments, or attitude on here, you are free to put me on ignore. I won't really G. 2 good S. about it. Enjoy your limited freedoms.
Manny, all good I just like to give you a hard time. I waited 23 years to sit in the ballpark for the first wildcard game and it’s still the single greatest sporting event I was a part of. All I want is to see that again. I enjoy hearing all the same stories that my dad shares that you have as well of the good old days. Bob Prince not knowing it was Mazz that walked it off. Any little bit of hope for some enjoyable Bucco baseball I’ll take and right now it’s been very enjoyable
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

They are enjoyable to watch. In the division they are in I think they can continue to compete. Why can't they try to win now and still try to build for the future? If they continue to draft well and develop those players then the future can be bright and the players they have can continue to play well that would be a bonus. The pitching and playing smart fundamental baseball is working out well. Why can't it continue? Let's hope it does.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It's like your kids. You know they have flaws, and get in trouble, but the only person allowed to say anything good or bad about them is you. When someone else does, you get riled up about it and defensive. It's all OK.
It ain't over until it's over.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

"They aren't the worst team in the league" sums up how bad the pirates have been recently and really since the 90s.

They had a core that really could of made them a big player but I feel pirate fans are destined to watch their former players win/succeed on other big orgs/teams instead of ever with the pirate org itself