2015 thoughts and previews

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll
the cricket
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

2015 thoughts and previews

Post by the cricket »

Whose the best in the east/west. teams to watch?
Jrs237
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: 2015 thoughts and previews

Post by Jrs237 »

Went to the NS game yesterday; they played a decent Central Cambria team and beat them 3-0. I would say probably something along the likes of Rockwood/Township/NS at the top of the West while Ridge/Hyndman/Fannet Metal top the East
flat4
Freshman
Freshman

Post by flat4 »

Pretty sure Ridge is AA again this season so that takes them out of the equation. North Star should be pretty decent this season from what I'm hearing. Township lost their leading goal scorer last season so i don't look for them to be that great. Rockwood will be very weak this season. Windber should be middle of the pack. Hyndman was horrible last year so i doubt they improve much. FM should be a top team this season. McConnellsburg should be pretty good. Berlin should be better than last season. I look for NBC, Everett, and Forbes Road to be weak and rebuilding. I left out Southern F and Salisbury because i don't know much about them this season.

This is a pretty neat website i'm glad I found it.
the cricket
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by the cricket »

ridge is AA
Jrs237
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Jrs237 »

Skill is down substantially from previous years. The whole of district 5 has seemingly declined together. I go to school 5 days a week and work but I have managed to make it to some games (a lot less than I liked). Here's what I've gathered so far:
Rock wood and Windber - a lot alike in style, play a possession game with a lot of good buildup. There strengths are in both attacks. King from rockwood is good and marhefka and cominsky from Windber are tough.
North Star - my alma mater. Most of these kids were sophomores on my 2013 final four team. They've got off to a rough start but believe me, they are no joke.
Last team I have seen - conemaugh twp. - they are very interesting. No real standout guy, all of them can play. They don't seem to have a direction and play a lot of wild kick and chase but they find ways to score.

I've heard that Everett is the team this year, can anybody comment on that?
flat4
Freshman
Freshman

Post by flat4 »

No Everett will definitely not be the team to beat this year. They should make the playoffs but if they only beat NBC 3-2 they are in a lot of trouble. I would say they are either 3rd or 4th strongest team in the Sideling Hill League. I would wait till they play Southern Fulton to see who is 3rd and whos 4th.
the cricket
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by the cricket »

would say everett is in that conversation after last nights game
flat4
Freshman
Freshman

Post by flat4 »

This is crazy seeing some of these scores. 1-0 overtime win last night MHS vs Everett. But yet everett only beats NBC 2-3 after FM beat them 11-0 and So Fo beat them 8-0? I guess a pure example that you can't tell how good a team is by looking at previous scores lol
the cricket
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by the cricket »

in the east it looks like mcc is on top until someone beats them
everett and fm seem to be a very close second but both appear very capable of making a run
sf seems to be slipping with loss to ridge but is ridge getting things together... will they surprise someone

in the west looks like north star and and rockwood are tops even after berlin took one from north star. north star and rockwood have a showdown next and should shed some light on that

berlin is probably next with windber and township trying to get in the mix

thoughts on hyndman???? Always seem to be a tough tough opponent irregardless of skill or records each year.