What say you?

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Re: What say you?

Post by CharlieConway »

My AAU coach said he was on scholarship at Division III for basketball, baseball, and swimming.  That is what it says in his brochure he emailed my parents.  He personally invited me to be on his team.  You guys have to be lying, because there is no way my AAU coach is making it up, he was on scholarship.  He said there are a few coaches coming to take a look at me this year, he said he couldn't reveal who because it is a "quiet period."  I am so glad he looks out for me, a lot more than my HS coach does.  Hopefully I can get them dolla dolla bills ya'll.
Thanks!
wagonrider242
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: RE: Re: What say you?

Post by wagonrider242 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Well those are the only sports where the scholarship can’t be split up at that level. 

A football team has 85 players on full scholarship. A baseball team has 30 kids sharing 11.7 scholarships.  There’s a difference.  
That is if it is a full scholarship program. St Francis isn't full for everyone and what is even more comical is all these local kids taking a PWO and paying 50k out of pocket for a "chance".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Also remember that those numbers are the most a school can offer.  D2 football is 36 and I do not believe any PSAC schools offer that many.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

CharlieConway wrote:My AAU coach said he was on scholarship at Division III for basketball, baseball, and swimming.  That is what it says in his brochure he emailed my parents.  He personally invited me to be on his team.  You guys have to be lying, because there is no way my AAU coach is making it up, he was on scholarship.  He said there are a few coaches coming to take a look at me this year, he said he couldn't reveal who because it is a "quiet period."  I am so glad he looks out for me, a lot more than my HS coach does.  Hopefully I can get them dolla dolla bills ya'll.
The only scholarship anyone at a D3 school is on is academic based.  Most kids who attend these big dollar colleges are granted some form of scholarship their freshman year to entice them to choose that school over much cheaper options.  The student needs to maintain sufficient grades to keep that scholarship.  Merely playing volleyball or tennis does not guarantee you keeping your scholarship.  Many D3 schools (and some D1 schools) rely on their athletic teams and parents willing to continue paying so their kid can keep playing to keep enrollment high.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

knowitall wrote:
CharlieConway wrote:My AAU coach said he was on scholarship at Division III for basketball, baseball, and swimming.  That is what it says in his brochure he emailed my parents.  He personally invited me to be on his team.  You guys have to be lying, because there is no way my AAU coach is making it up, he was on scholarship.  He said there are a few coaches coming to take a look at me this year, he said he couldn't reveal who because it is a "quiet period."  I am so glad he looks out for me, a lot more than my HS coach does.  Hopefully I can get them dolla dolla bills ya'll.
The only scholarship anyone at a D3 school is on is academic based.  Most kids who attend these big dollar colleges are granted some form of scholarship their freshman year to entice them to choose that school over much cheaper options.  The student needs to maintain sufficient grades to keep that scholarship.  Merely playing volleyball or tennis does not guarantee you keeping your scholarship.  Many D3 schools (and some D1 schools) rely on their athletic teams and parents willing to continue paying so their kid can keep playing to keep enrollment high.
LOL, I Knowitall, I know too.  I am just on my soapbox AAU bashing again.  Im sorry.  Please give me a free pass on appearing like the sucker.  I promise I am not as dumb as I appear.  I can read good.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: RE: Re: What say you?

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

wagonrider242 wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Well those are the only sports where the scholarship can’t be split up at that level. 

A football team has 85 players on full scholarship. A baseball team has 30 kids sharing 11.7 scholarships.  There’s a difference.  
That is if it is a full scholarship program. St Francis isn't full for everyone and what is even more comical is all these local kids taking a PWO and paying 50k out of pocket for a "chance".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Right, I think the number for FCS is 63. And places like Youngstown State and Delaware use all 63. But I doubt most NEC schools do. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

85 FULL rides?  Thats a LOT to swallow.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

CharlieConway wrote:
knowitall wrote:
LOL, I Knowitall, I know too.  I am just on my soapbox AAU bashing again.  Im sorry.  Please give me a free pass on appearing like the sucker.  I promise I am not as dumb as I appear.  I can read good.
I'm agreeing with you!  These coaches are telling the parents of their players that they can help get them scholarships to Mt. Aloysius and Washington & Jefferson.  It's both deceitful and disgraceful.
RZBZNZ
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RZBZNZ »

Has anyone from local AAU ever received a full D1 basketball scholarship? A full D2 basketball scholarship?

What about full D1 football or baseball scholarships?
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

RZBZNZ wrote:Has anyone from local AAU ever received a full D1 basketball scholarship?  A full D2 basketball scholarship?

What about full D1 football or baseball scholarships?
Someone asked my AAU coach about that.  I was told, by my AAU Coach, that D1 is a little out of reach.  D2 is a possibility, if some teams miss on me, its because we are in a small town, you know.  D3, I should be getting letters anyday when the "quiet period" ends.  I can't wait.  I guess now that school is in session, my HS coach is running my recruitment.  I made videos and put them all over the website the AAU coach told me to, but I won't get any "views" until the quiet period is over.  I just can't wait.  

I did all of the off-season workout stuff that my AAU coach said to do.  He said it was way better and designed for me specifically.  So I dumped what my HS coach wanted and went directly off AAU coach's program.  I think I am a sure fire can't miss prospect.  I haven't started a game yet at my HS, but this is my year.  Nothing can hold me down, except for this stupid HS Coach.  He has his "favorites."  He keeps playing kids that score all the time, and never pass me the ball.  My HS coach keeps flipping out everytime I turn it over.  I don't get it, my AAU coach lets me throw that pass, and doesn't get upset.  My AAU coach never yells.
Thanks!