The name says it all!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers

Post by CCDevil2012 »

konjo78 wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:You guys want someone who has never won a big game to be hired??? His resume is exactly why tomlin is one of the elite coaches in the nfl
Yet here we sit at home in January, meanwhile the Texans made the playoffs with far less talent. I would say O’Brien has done more with less. Tomlin may be steering the ship, but he doesn’t seem like the captain. 
Bill plays in a much worse divison and 2nd lets look at their reasume
Tomlin 
1. 123-64-1 (65% wp) regular season
2. 8-7 (53% wp) post season
3. 2 superbowl appearances (1 in)
4. 6 AFC north title in 12 seasons. (Wins division 50% of time)
4. Worst season 8-8
Bill Obrien
1. 52-48 regular season in NFL (53% wr)
2. 1-3 in playoffs (25% wr)
3. 3 AFC south titles in 5 years (wins division 60% of time.
4. Worst season 4-12

I wouldnt say texans have no talent... Their defense is loaded
Worse division? I mean I guess if you’re talking the last decade. But Jacksonville has dominated the Steelers recently and 11-5 wins the AFC North this year. You’re saying that Tomlin has control of the locker room? Has the right coaching personnel? Has made no bad game decisions? Do you think the Steelers are in position to win the super bowl without making any changes into next year?
Loaded defense sure, but you’re not surprised he hasn’t “won a big game” with Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallet, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Brock Osweiler under center? How soon you forget how good his offense was when he had a hall of fame QB. 
IMO, Tomlin is “ok”, but I think much of his success has more to do with his players and less to do with his coaching prowess. 9-6-1 with this current team is unexcusable. We were as good as the Titans.......
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote: Yet here we sit at home in January, meanwhile the Texans made the playoffs with far less talent. I would say O’Brien has done more with less. Tomlin may be steering the ship, but he doesn’t seem like the captain. 
Bill plays in a much worse divison and 2nd lets look at their reasume
Tomlin 
1. 123-64-1 (65% wp) regular season
2. 8-7 (53% wp) post season
3. 2 superbowl appearances (1 in)
4. 6 AFC north title in 12 seasons. (Wins division 50% of time)
4. Worst season 8-8
Bill Obrien
1. 52-48 regular season in NFL (53% wr)
2. 1-3 in playoffs (25% wr)
3. 3 AFC south titles in 5 years (wins division 60% of time.
4. Worst season 4-12

I wouldnt say texans have no talent... Their defense is loaded
Worse division? I mean I guess if you’re talking the last decade. But Jacksonville has dominated the Steelers recently and 11-5 wins the AFC North this year. You’re saying that Tomlin has control of the locker room? Has the right coaching personnel? Has made no bad game decisions? Do you think the Steelers are in position to win the super bowl without making any changes into next year?
Loaded defense sure, but you’re not surprised he hasn’t “won a big game” with Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallet, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Brock Osweiler under center? How soon you forget how good his offense was when he had a hall of fame QB. 
IMO, Tomlin is “ok”, but I think much of his success has more to do with his players and less to do with his coaching prowess. 9-6-1 with this current team is unexcusable. We were as good as the Titans.......
Few changes need to be made sure. But the steelers are a whole lot closer than the texans are at a superbowl run. Hell just 2 of the worst all time official calls kept the steelers from being AFC 2 seed. 
But you name qbs that are not even his atm. If the steelers lost the way the texans did yesterday youd still be calling for Tomlins head even more. 
Everyone wants to say its players for tomlin but man when they leave most fall apart... 
ss1082
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ss1082 »

Konjo, put blaming the officials to bed...….so many other plays can dictate the outcome of a game. Every team gets a break with a call or has calls that go against them, that happens......take care of business and overcome it. Heck, don't tie the Browns and beat the Raiders. Nobody ever complains when a team benefits from a bad call. Move on, this team didn't get the job done and, fair or not, that always rests with the head coach. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

And if the win games vs both NO and LAC theyd be 2 seed and one of the 3 favorites i imagine.

I completely acknowledge and complain when teams get bailed out too. Doesnt stop 2 of the worst calls from changing a whole season completely. When you have almost everyone everywhere stating that was one of the worst calls theyve seen in a close game that matters just as much as anything
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

If a persons owns a delivery service that gets 5 star rating has their warehouse burn down from things they cant control, causing his deliveries not to be made at all. Do you blame the owner for for a 3rd party not allowing him to succeed the way was?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

konjo78 wrote:If a persons owns a delivery service that gets 5 star rating has their warehouse burn down from things they cant control, causing his deliveries not to be made at all. Do you blame the owner for for a 3rd party not allowing him to succeed the way was?
I wouldn’t blame the owner, but maybe the manager. Especially if it burnt down every year. 
This team is much better than “oh we missed the playoffs because of 2 bad calls”. I’m not basing this off the end result. It’s from constantly seeing them seem unprepared, inconsistent, out of control/sync, poor game management, etc. every week. You honestly think the Steelers are just a 9 win team as is? 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I thought to make a super bowl run you had to at least make the playoffs first. So clearly they’re not closer. Stronger division yet 4 of our games are the Browns and Bengals.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Steelers were an 11 win team this year, with a much harder schedule than the texans. 2 bad calls took away 2 wins from pittsburgh, anyone with a brain knows that.

2nd steelers played 6 teams with 10 plus wins this year while texans played 4. They did have a much easier schedule.

3rd. Tomlin in his 1st 5 years was 5-3 in playoffs with 2 sb appearances and 1 sb win... BOB is 1-3, never even making a conference championship, let alone a sb
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I’m not saying O’Brien is THE answer, I mean he’s not even available. But at some point we need some accountability. Again, who were BoB’s QB’s when he went 1-3? Sometimes a coach is only going to do so much. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I would also want to have a coach who never had a losing season than one that was 4-12 last year.

Want to know the last time the steelers had a season that bad or worse? 1969