Pick em CFB Playoff

The name says it all!
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Pick em CFB Playoff

Post by Bedrock »

You've had a week to see some games.  Who do you have in the playoff and who wins it all?

1.  Clemson
2.  Alabama
3.  Texas
4.  Wisconsin

Clemson wins it all.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pick em CFB Playoff

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

So you have Texas beating LSU this week? Interesting.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Texas can lose to LSU and still make the playoff. They would still have potential victories over Oklahoma, Iowa State, and a Big 12 championship game.

I also think the committee is going to start to basically make losses in marquee out of conference games irrelevant. They want to prove that you can schedule and play tough out of conference games and not be punished for it. 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

[font=Calibri]I don’t have a final 4 pick at this point when most teams have played their first team about 25-30 minutes of game action against inferior opponents.  I do have some teams I like and some that I don’t.[/font]

[font=Calibri] [/font]

[font=Calibri]Independents:[/font]

[font=Calibri]Don’t like any really. ND got pushed around by a 2-10 Louisville team for the better part of 3 quarters.  BYU lost to Utah.[/font]

[font=Calibri]SEC:[/font]

[font=Calibri]Like – Alabama, LSU, and Georgia - All 3 looked the part[/font]

[font=Calibri]Don’t Like – Miss State, Florida, Texas A&M, Auburn – MSU doesn’t have the defense to compete with the SEC West and Texas A&M schedule is absolutely brutal.  Florida and Auburn looked like they weren’t as good as their opponent for the majority of the game.  I do give them credit for playing real week 1 opponents though.[/font]

[font=Calibri]Big 12:[/font]

[font=Calibri]Like - Oklahoma and Texas – Both have QBs that can keep them in the CFP discussion.[/font]

[font=Calibri]Don’t like – Anyone else – Maybe TCU or Oklahoma State can emerge as the best challengers to the top 2 but that is about the most anyone else is playing for.[/font]

[font=Calibri]PAC 12:[/font]

[font=Calibri]Like – Utah and Washington[/font]

[font=Calibri]Don’t like – Oregon, USC, Stanford, or any of their really, really bad teams in the bottom half of this conference.  Arizona State, Oregon, and Washington State will compete to be the tier 2 teams in this conference.  Stanford’s schedule is brutal with a banged up QB.  USC is now starting a true freshman. Oregon State, Arizona, UCLA, and Cal are some of the worst major college football programs in the country right now.[/font]

[font=Calibri]ACC:[/font]

[font=Calibri]Like – Clemson[/font]

[font=Calibri]Don’t Like – Anyone else for national championship contention.  Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech all lost week 1.  Those used to be the perennial powers of the conference.  Virginia, Boston College, and Miami will battle to be the second best team in the conference. [/font]

[font=Calibri]BIG 10:[/font]

[font=Calibri]Like – Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State. Big 10 is by far the deepest league.  6 teams in the top 20 and all of them impressed week 1.[/font]

[font=Calibri]Don’t Like – Nebraska, Purdue – I think these comparisons to the jump UCF made under Frost in year 2 are almost laughable.  They aren’t playing Temple, FAU, and Eastern Carolina in conference this year.  Almost every B1G team they play on their schedule I trust a little more than them.  Ohio State will run them out of the stadium in Lincoln.  Nebraska may be better but they have a LONGGGGGG way to go.  Purdue looks like they may have been a little bit of a flash in the pan.[/font]