Steelers discussion

The name says it all!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers discussion

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Well jimjohn you definitely made it political when you asked the question about race, and questioned how much racism is in the area. And ppl are allowed to have different opinions then you. This isn’t the USSR. I would say Crimson has some of the best information and has good insight to different situations.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Racism isn't political.  It was amusing to see someone defend the Republican party from the charge though.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Lol if you think that racism isn’t political, I feel bad for you. But like I said everyone is allowed to have an opinion.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

The Democrats have tried to make racism political, but anyone that lives in Western PA has surely met some racist democrats.

If you want Tomlin fired, tell me who you will bring in to be a better coach. How many great Pro head coaches can you name, other than Bill Belichak?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Lol if you think that racism isn’t political, I feel bad for you. But like I said everyone is allowed to have an opinion.
Why the hell would you feel bad for me?
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Parcells fights with Kraft.  How will we ever replace Parcells? Who you gonna replace him with?

Pete Carroll.  Pete Carroll stumbles and is fired.  How are we ever going to replace Pete Carroll?

Then hire some guy with a career record of 36-44.  He worked for Bill Parcells.  His winning percentage was .450.  They had two coaches I bet a fan based never wanted to see go.  They end up with Bill Belichick.  The right guy at the right time.

Tomlin has wasted the prime years of a hall of fame quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger.  In fact Roethlisberger was 28 the last time Steelers were in a SuperBowl.

He has been to the AFC championship 1 time since the loss to Green Bay.  In 2016, a loss to New England.  The only time the Steelers ran into the Patriots in the postseason in the Tomlin era.  I was surprised to see that as well.  Check this out, actually take a look, something jumped out at me.

2007 - Wildcard - Home loss to Jacksonville 31-29  
2008 - Win Superbowl - Arizona - 27-23
2009 - Did not make the playoffs
2010 - Super Bowl Loss - Green Bay - 31-25
2011 - Wildcard - Loss @ Denver - 29-23
2012 - No playoffs
2013 - No playoffs
2014 - Wildcard Loss - Home Baltimore 30-17
2015 - Divisional Loss @ Denver 23-16 
2016 - Conference Champ Loss @ New England - 36-17
2017 - Divisional Loss Home Jacksonville - 45-42
2018 - No Playoffs

Just my eyes are seeing - 2 losses to Denver and 2 losses to Jacksonville? Only faced Brady and Belichick once?

In the last 8 seasons he has missed the playoffs 3 times, Lost to Denver 2 times and Jacksonville??  He wasn't outested by the Brady Belichick monster, it was the big bad Jags and Tebow, for one of them.

Like I said early, he missed out on a HOF quarterback.  Division titles? A 4 team division is the standard?

How many teams has he had fall short of their expectations VS teams that have exceeded their expectations?  

Starring down the barrel of 0-3, I don't think I am the only person reviewing the portfolio saying, Yes....I think we can do better, lets open it up.

And I would bet to believe the 1 year extension, by the organization was a shot across the bow, seeing as all of his other extensions were 3 years.  Without the Gunslinger.....I think its over fellas.  

On side note.  In response to your question earlier Crimson, no I don't have a problem with others that disagree.  I don't hate others for wanting to keep Tomlin.  I just didn't like when I was called stupid (IQ comment) and insulted...so yeah I took it personal Crimson.

Perhaps a little more fairness in what is said and who it is said to, might go a long way? Is all I am saying.  I found it very frustrating when you, a Mod, showed favoritism towards Konjo and his ongoing insults.  I believe a MOD shouldn't pick and choose who can say what, to whom, just based on feelings on the topic, just because you feel he is right and I am wrong doesn't allow him to comment negatively and search my posts, go back and negative mark them.  Your hammer came when I ruffled feathers and got under someones skin.  Did I take it too far??? Absolutely, the guy came unglued.  I got irritated and defended myself.  

Im not telling you how to do your thing or be a Mod, but that was the impression I got and I felt slighted.  But if that is how the shop is kept, I guess I gotta play by them rules.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I mean the thread was deleted when he questioned your intelligence and if I recall you were making fun of his job? 

There aren’t too many rules on here, it’s basically self governing, just keep it somewhat civil is basically all anyone asks. 

That thread that was deleted crossed a line, by more than one poster IMO. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

CharlieConway wrote:Parcells fights with Kraft.  How will we ever replace Parcells? Who you gonna replace him with?

Pete Carroll.  Pete Carroll stumbles and is fired.  How are we ever going to replace Pete Carroll?

Then hire some guy with a career record of 36-44.  He worked for Bill Parcells.  His winning percentage was .450.  They had two coaches I bet a fan based never wanted to see go.  They end up with Bill Belichick.  The right guy at the right time.

Tomlin has wasted the prime years of a hall of fame quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger.  In fact Roethlisberger was 28 the last time Steelers were in a SuperBowl.

He has been to the AFC championship 1 time since the loss to Green Bay.  In 2016, a loss to New England.  The only time the Steelers ran into the Patriots in the postseason in the Tomlin era.  I was surprised to see that as well.  Check this out, actually take a look, something jumped out at me.

2007 - Wildcard - Home loss to Jacksonville 31-29  
2008 - Win Superbowl - Arizona - 27-23
2009 - Did not make the playoffs
2010 - Super Bowl Loss - Green Bay - 31-25
2011 - Wildcard - Loss @ Denver - 29-23
2012 - No playoffs
2013 - No playoffs
2014 - Wildcard Loss - Home Baltimore 30-17
2015 - Divisional Loss @ Denver 23-16 
2016 - Conference Champ Loss @ New England - 36-17
2017 - Divisional Loss Home Jacksonville - 45-42
2018 - No Playoffs

Just my eyes are seeing - 2 losses to Denver and 2 losses to Jacksonville? Only faced Brady and Belichick once?

In the last 8 seasons he has missed the playoffs 3 times, Lost to Denver 2 times and Jacksonville??  He wasn't outested by the Brady Belichick monster, it was the big bad Jags and Tebow, for one of them.

Like I said early, he missed out on a HOF quarterback.  Division titles? A 4 team division is the standard?

How many teams has he had fall short of their expectations VS teams that have exceeded their expectations?  

Starring down the barrel of 0-3, I don't think I am the only person reviewing the portfolio saying, Yes....I think we can do better, lets open it up.

And I would bet to believe the 1 year extension, by the organization was a shot across the bow, seeing as all of his other extensions were 3 years.  Without the Gunslinger.....I think its over fellas.  

On side note.  In response to your question earlier Crimson, no I don't have a problem with others that disagree.  I don't hate others for wanting to keep Tomlin.  I just didn't like when I was called stupid (IQ comment) and insulted...so yeah I took it personal Crimson.

Perhaps a little more fairness in what is said and who it is said to, might go a long way? Is all I am saying.  I found it very frustrating when you, a Mod, showed favoritism towards Konjo and his ongoing insults.  I believe a MOD shouldn't pick and choose who can say what, to whom, just based on feelings on the topic, just because you feel he is right and I am wrong doesn't allow him to comment negatively and search my posts, go back and negative mark them.  Your hammer came when I ruffled feathers and got under someones skin.  Did I take it too far??? Absolutely, the guy came unglued.  I got irritated and defended myself.  

Im not telling you how to do your thing or be a Mod, but that was the impression I got and I felt slighted.  But if that is how the shop is kept, I guess I gotta play by them rules.
Im guessing you feel sean payton should be fired too, since he has had a HOF qb (most would call better than ben) and has done a lot less than tomlin has
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Konjo. I will not reply bud.
Thanks!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I think Yinzers fail to see how much of an accomplishment it is to not only make the playoffs but to win divisions and playoff games.  8 teams have gone at least 13 years since WINNING a playoff games.  25% of the league have fans that are taking drivers ed and have NEVER seen a single playoff win in their lifetime.  There are 2 teams in this league that haven't qualified for the playoffs in over a decade. 11 teams haven't even MADE IT to a conference championship game appearance in the last 16+ years.  That is a third of the league and includes historically great teams like the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins, and Dallas Cowboys.  This same crowd that wants to say Tomlin hasn't done enough with the incredible core of players they have had is the same crowd that claims his only Super Bowl was with "Cowher's Players".  So explain to me, is the head coach responsible for having great players on the roster or not? You can't have it both ways.   Lets also remember that during Tomlin's tenure they have had a top 20 draft pick only 3 times and two of those times was only due to them trading up.   So someone is doing something right to continuously have pro-bowl caliber players all up and down the roster.  It could be great scouting but MAYBE, MAYBE it could be good coaching too.