Steelers discussion

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Steelers discussion

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Last one was crossing the line, chill out. It's sports talk, we're not making it personal. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers discussion

Post by konjo78 »

One thing I am excited to see this weekend if Rudolph can replicate his good 2nd half performance against the seahawks. He looked like the best back up weve had in the pocket since tommy maddox days
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

There is a part of me that says "let it go."  Then there is that part of me that just can't help myself, because its clear whats gonna happen.  Everyone loves a car wreck.  "Here we go!"

I agree with Terry Bradshaw - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/05/terry-bradshaw-hasnt-changed-his-mind-about-mike-tomlin-says-hes-not-my-kind-of-coach/

Other Pittsburgh writer's like John Steigerwald & Mark Madden, to name a few, have insisted that Tomlin's locker room discipline may be an issue.

I realize that this may be upsetting to many of you.  Some of you may lash out and question my IQ, give me negative marks...But my opinion is that Mike Tomlin's era is nearing an end Pittsburgh, as it should.  

Those that feel different, you're entitled to do so.  I know its your town.  I  ^:)^.  
Last edited by CharlieConway on September 19th, 2019, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I am entitled to think that Mark Madden and John Steigerwald probably haven't been to a Steelers game, press conference, and or practice in quite some time.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Am I entitled to ask -

Have you?
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Nope. But I think John Steigerwald is unemployed/retired or has a talk show about politics or something and Mark Madden has a radio show and he really only likes the Penguins and Ben Roethlisberger, so i think his opinion is a bit skewed since he plays favorites with Big Ben. 

I've never found either of the two overly insightful when it comes to the Steelers, Madden is one that likes to make a story rather than tell the story if you catch my drift. Guys that actually cover the team....Bouchette, Kaboly, etc. seem to have a better grasp with reality regarding the actual team than the other two. 
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Eddy is now with the athletic? And didn't he do a piece on minority owners wanting Tomlin out, so the rumbles would be real? And the fact that Tomlin was reported as to not be thrilled with only a 1 year contract extension make any difference?
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Bouchette is with The Athletic Pittsburgh so he’s still on the Pittsburgh beat.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

NFL Films feels that Mark Madden's opinion is relevant.  He has been on numerous of their Top 10s, Steeler's Football Life's, and SuperBowl documentaries.  I think his credentials are at the national level, although he has made some blunders in his efforts to be a shock jock.
Thanks!
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Regardless, I was not breaking the Tomlin hot seat story. Its been an on going story by many credited sport writers, both on the beat and off the beat. So I would believe that I am not a lone wolf on this topic.
Thanks!