Steelers discussion

The name says it all!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers discussion

Post by knowitall »

if Watt did that we would be talking about what Mayfield did to provoke him today.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I actually bet this game.  Huge hit to the wallet.  I thought the Steelers D woulda held down the fort, which they did for the most part.  But still, I lost some dough.  

Turns out, Rudolph wanted to show off his tackling skills, racking up 2 tackles, which tied him with Fitzpatrick.  

Trust me after 4 ints and overthrown dump offs, I coulda busted something over his head too.

I felt justice was served.  

On to the weekend!
Thanks!
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Fans are always going to analyze the situation from the point of view that best supports their team.  I think the reaction of the mass majority of the pro football community is very telling of how serious of an infraction that was last night.  I think all of the penalties are just except for the omission of a suspension for MR.  He did both start and escalate the situation.  I’m not condoning MG egregious act, but Mason should face a 1 game suspension for his role.  Maybe add 1 more game for subjecting the fan base to his play last night lol.  
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Did anyone else get the feeling the Browns had an agenda to flex muscle last night? The head hunting by the dbs, the taunting by the wrs, the constant late hits on Rudolphabd the overall reaction to the penalties (they seemed to be celebrating Garrett’s antics), it all seemed very calculated. Or maybe they’re just an undisciplined, unintelligent, and underachieving team...
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

knowitall wrote:Race has everything to do with it.  If hockey was played by big black men fighting would have been outlawed decades ago.  But we even accept it at the local amateur level.  Throw a baseball at someone's head?  That will teach them the unwritten rules.  Football is a violent game and over the years has probably had the fewest incidents similar to what happened last night.  When something like that does happen, we tend to overreact.  Believe me, had Garrett done the same to Pouncey instead, it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as it is being made today.
Appreciate your woke-ness but I think you are reaching  
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Knotatall.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Yes its all because he was black, thats why former players of all races are calling the action out publicly and wanting him heavily punished. I dont know if ive heard a single pro football player come out and say, that was just part of a violent game
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I just don’t equate a dugout clearing brawl because some guy stared at a home run too long with 3 guys pushing each other and 47 guys trying to hold everyone back to a guy using a helmet as a weapon.

Just seems like a stretch to equate the situations. 

If Anthony Rizzo comes out of the dugout with a bat and starts trying to swing it at Kyle Crick’s head, I think there would be equal outrage.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Amongst Pirate fans, yes. Cubs fans would blame Crick. And if over 70% of baseball players were black the rules would have been changed.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

knowitall wrote:Amongst Pirate fans, yes.  Cubs fans would blame Crick.  And if over 70% of baseball players were black the rules would have been changed.
I’m gonna guess using your bat as a weapon isn’t an accepted rule as is.