Steelers discussion

The name says it all!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers discussion

Post by knowitall »

Of course not. Using the ball isn't either. But no baseball player has ever been suspended 100 games for using one as such either.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone throw a baseball at someone without a helmet on. Pitchers do try to push batter off the plate or bean in the body, rarely do I think people go for headshots on purpose. Even so, how do you know if the ball didn't actually get away? My best interpretation is if he headbutts him while both wear a helmet, not as big of a deal. Headbutts him without the helmet, quite worse. Rips helmet off head and takes full swing at unprotected head. No doubt what the motive was, no confusion on anything because he was holding the helmet Rudolph didn't have on. The race issues will never go away as long as individuals bring it into every issue it's not involved in. Doesn't matter who commits this act, they all receive the same penalty. I've taken hockey sticks to the face, it sucks, but can't be considered close to getting head smashed with helmet. might as well smash his head with a rock...he's just lucky it connected on the top of the head and not the face.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

You won’t get suspended 100 games for throwing a pitch up and in. You won’t get suspended 100 games for a dangerous head to head tackle during the play of the game. 

After the play if you use a baseball bat or a helmet as a weapon, you should get a hefty suspension, and that goes for any sport. 

I don’t know, I haven’t seen many former or current NFL players running to side with Garrett so I think that sort of helps me have a good understanding of the situation.  
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

black/white/green/blue etc. has nothing to do with this.   A person lost self-control and took a full swing with an object that is like getting hit with a rock.   Luckily, the person hit by said object was not hit flush but with a part that will give slightly.
Person swinging object regardless of race, gender, creed, identification status would be the object of scrutiny in the same manner.
Period, end of story.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

No, you don't.  The NFL has for the most place done its job disciplining its players.  Baseball and hockey have been lax.  There is no way a hockey player who did what Pouncey did last night would have been suspended for 15 games.  In fact he may not have been suspended for the three that Pouncey was.  (15 games in a sport that plays 82 is roughly equivalent to three games in a sport that plays 16.)

Again, my point is given the race of the majority of its players, the NFL takes a much harder line on discipline.  It has to.  As you can see by this incident, the mostly white fans demand it.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

[youtube]21NlMgar1sc[/youtube]
Found where you got your opinion
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

12HankQB wrote:I don't know if I've ever seen anyone throw a baseball at someone without a helmet on. 
I'm not replying to your post specifically but I do want to tell you that your input was missed this high school football season.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

knowitall wrote:
12HankQB wrote:I don't know if I've ever seen anyone throw a baseball at someone without a helmet on. 
I'm not replying to your post specifically but I do want to tell you that your input was missed this high school football season.  My opinion is my own, by the way.  I rarely watch ESPN.  Especially on work days.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

knowitall wrote:
I'm not replying to your post specifically but I do want to tell you that your input was missed this high school football season.
Much appreciated! I just sat here reading...and waiting for someone to notice I was gone...didn’t see it brought up once guys...I coached junior high football this year and was sideline for some of the varsity barring parenting duties so I don’t want to be that guy out of respect for the position and the school. Fair game for pro sports
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

12HankQB wrote:
knowitall wrote:
Much appreciated! I just sat here reading...and waiting for someone to notice I was gone...didn’t see it brought up once guys...I coached junior high football this year and was sideline for some of the varsity barring parenting duties so I don’t want to be that guy out of respect for the position and the school. Fair game for pro sports
Congrats hank!!! Hope it all went well