Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by 12HankQB »

trying to get Trump to be fair and rational on Twitter...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Are you saying that the Tribune can't EDIT someone's article before publishing it in their paper? Why not? Does someone at the Tribune READ these articles BEFORE they are inserted in their paper for the local public to read? Can't they ADJUST these articles WITHOUT changing the jist of the article?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

So we can avoid this ridiculous conversation? I might write to them myself so we can save the time and energy
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Man, this fake news epidemic really has taken on a life of its own. Now we only want positive news stories? Blaming the press for things that actually happened (i.e. K-State being picked 9th in the Big 12, and Pitt losing to Nicholls State)

Sounds like someone else I know.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Fort Myers— Pitt beat Kansas State. Redacted, Redacted, Redacted for the next 5 paragraphs. The team is now 5-2.

There, fixed that guys story.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

How is letting the reader know the quality of team that Pitt played biased reporting? I doubt many people in western PA know a whole lot about Kansas State. Isn't that the entire point of reporting, informing the reader. A casual fan in Munster, PA wouldn't know much about Kansas State. Now they know they are perceived to be one of the worst teams in the Big 12. They know learned of the quality of the win that Pitt had.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

El-Moldo wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:19 am Are you saying that the Tribune can't EDIT someone's article before publishing it in their paper? Why not? Does someone at the Tribune READ these articles BEFORE they are inserted in their paper for the local public to read? Can't they ADJUST these articles WITHOUT changing the jist of the article?
So you want them to edit another mans article without his permission?

How would you like it if we could edit your posts on here and make it seem like you said something you clearly havent. Do you not see the trouble in that
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Wouldn’t that actually be a true biased for Pitt if they did that? Edit a national publication to remove facts to make the article more favorable toward Pitt.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Don't remember readers hearing much discussion in the Tribune about PSU's first football opponent Idaho this season. A casual fan in Beaverdale wouldn't know much about them. Should they have been informed BEFORE the game? The Tribune brought up Pitt's K-State opponent rating AFTER Pitt beat them. Let's diminish Pitt's effort after they win. You know, a little negativity. And if Pitt would have lost, it would have been front page news. Why bring it up at all, especially at the END of the article. Tell us what happened during the game and end it. Nope, gotta get that little jab in there, right?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Well all you need to say about idaho were that they were a FCS team.

Also penn state didnt come off a loss to like youngstown state the game before and then played a lesser Power 5 team. I am sorry a dose of reality is seen to you as a personal jab