Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by knowitall »

El-Moldo wrote: November 27th, 2019, 1:14 pm Don't remember readers hearing much discussion in the Tribune about PSU's first football opponent Idaho this season. A casual fan in Beaverdale wouldn't know much about them. Should they have been informed BEFORE the game? The Tribune brought up Pitt's K-State opponent rating AFTER Pitt beat them. Let's diminish Pitt's effort after they win. You know, a little negativity. And if Pitt would have lost, it would have been front page news. Why bring it up at all, especially at the END of the article. Tell us what happened during the game and end it. Nope, gotta get that little jab in there, right?
is your self esteem really this low?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

The Tribune can edit articles. Just can't change the MEANING OF, or WHAT HAPPENED IN, the story. If the article is four inches long, and the Tribune only has three inches of space for it, do they not use it? Heck no. They omit some of the fluff to fit it into the page. You guys know this, right? So you omit stuff like, "It was a snowy night outside the arena." Meant nothing to the story, so chop it out of there. Wake up, guys.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

El-Moldo wrote: November 27th, 2019, 1:23 pm The Tribune can edit articles. Just can't change the MEANING OF, or WHAT HAPPENED IN, the story. If the article is four inches long, and the Tribune only has three inches of space for it, do they not use it? Heck no. They omit some of the fluff to fit it into the page. You guys know this, right? So you omit stuff like, "It was a snowy night outside the arena." Meant nothing to the story, so chop it out of there. Wake up, guys.
So now you know all about how the business works? Im pretty sure when you use an AP article you have to use it in its entirity
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

My self-esteem is great, knowitall. You're the one in trouble. You're the one talking to a guy who you think has LOW self-esteem. Plus YOU'RE the one not contributing to this conversation.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

konjo: See above.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Does anyone else feel dumber after reading this thread? Or is it just me?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

You shouldn't feel dumber. Thanks to the Tribune, at least you know how poor the Kansas State men's basketball team is. Maybe in tomorrow's Tribune, you can find out how good or bad Ole Miss is, depending how PSU does today.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I definitely got dumber. I really think moldy is just laughing that he got everybody on this for so long. Or hes yelling at his mom for the meatloaf. I want it now!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Actually, I should be a little smarter tomorrow. I'm sure, after tonight's PSU loss to Mississippi, that the tribune will tell all of us Ole Miss's predicted finish in the SEC, just like it did with K-State in the Big 12 in the Pitt article. Can't wait for the reveal.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Well, the Tribune sports section really outdid themselves today. Down by the score of 49-7 in the fourth quarter last night, headlines of the Richland game read, "Southern Columbia Fights Off Richland". Of course, PSU men's basketball headline was, "Penn State Wallops Struggling Syracuse" with a 19 point victory. What differentiates a "fights off" from a "walloping"?