Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by knowitall »

You’re getting more and more pitthetic with each post.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

El-Moldo wrote: November 30th, 2019, 8:10 pm Well, the Tribune sports section really outdid themselves today. Down by the score of 49-7 in the fourth quarter last night, headlines of the Richland game read, "Southern Columbia Fights Off Richland". Of course, PSU men's basketball headline was, "Penn State Wallops Struggling Syracuse" with a 19 point victory. What differentiates a "fights off" from a "walloping"?
Could we create a few new categories in order to organize this content better? Suggested category names might be "Why I hate the Tribune Democrat, but continue to subscribe", "Penn State Hate" and "Little Brother Syndrome".

I can't wait for the headline comparison tomorrow for Penn State's putrid performance against Rutgers and Pitt's "home" loss to a decidedly mediocre Boston College.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

The topic, once I got on, has been fairness in reporting by the Tribune. The SC/Richland headline was definitely a feel good lead in. Heck, maybe it should have read "SC Slips By Richland" or "SC Nips Richland". But "fights off"? Unbelievable. As far as tomorrow's Pitt/PSU headlines are concerned, tell it like it is. But don't sugar coat a loss or diminish a win. Just report the game. We can handle the facts. Editorializing need not occur.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

BEDROCK IGNORES IGNORE FEATURE: SARCASTIC TYPING ENSUES

I second Moldy's motion: No Headlines Ever.

The suggestion is genius. Papers just report the facts without headlines. These private businesses will see profits boom.

I think BleacherCoaches should do the same thing. No topics. No Subjects.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Just don't EMBELLISH headlines, or use them to FAVOR or diminish the efforts of one team or another. If the Tribune covered the Battle of the Little Big Horn, the headlines would have said "Custer Killed at Skirmish in Montana."
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Attention Johnstown Tribune sports section: Last Saturday you described Penn State's 19-point victory over Syracuse in men's basketball with the headline "Penn State WALLOPS Struggling Syracuse". According to my online thesaurus, the following are synonyms for the word "wallops": strikes, batters, pounds, raps, smacks, slaps, pummels, hammers, thrashes, bangs, drubs, bashes, clobbers, clouts, socks, slugs, whacks, and sticks it on. I suggest you use one of these words in tomorrow's Sunday sports section headlines to describe Ohio State's 106-74 win over Penn State today. Thank you.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yes, Tribune. Please so the one guy that actually cares will be happy.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Thanks, Crimson, for your support. Fair is fair.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Anytime
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Now let's see if the Tribdem has enough guts to call it like it is.