Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by El-Moldo »

The truth hurts, doesn't it. If what I say causes others to bail out on this site, then THEY are the ones with the problems. Not Manfred and me.
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

If Pitt could find it's way back into the national conversation I'm sure the coverage would start leaning that way a bit more .
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Do you think a TV station in the area of Michigan State University should forsake their local football fans, and instead cover Michigan just because the Spartans are not presently in the national conversation? Would a TV station in Charlottsville ignore the Cavaliers when they are down and instead go gaga over the Hokies from Blacksburg? I don't think so. Why should Channel 6 and 8 continually cover PSU women's basketball, and for years PSU men's basketball when they have/had NO national significance? The answer to the above questions is NO. National prominence NEVER stopped our local TV stations from idolizing the Nits, and bringing them to the forefront every chance they get.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

I know this will really hurt a Pitt fans feelings and you will choose not to believe me but I’ll say it anyhow. Regardless of the fact that you like Pitt, and a few friends like Pitt, and your family likes Pitt, and maybe a neighbor likes Pitt the overwhelming majority of people even in Johnstown root for Penn State. Just because you don’t like PSU doesn’t mean the tv stations and the newspapers are biased against your city and hate your team. Suck it up and move on man. We are grown adults whining about the newspaper headlines. Who still gets a dang newspaper in 2020? Just read a Pitt blog, follow Pitt athletics on twitter and Facebook and make yourself feel better.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Who reads a paper in 2020? Lots of people who have NEUTRAL feelings for college sports. Your attitude is, get on the computer and only read what you want. So if you don't like Trump, you should only watch CNN or MSNBC. When you purchase a newspaper, you should get ALL views of a subject, not just have one side shoved down your throat all the time. I'm sure a lot of older people, for example, are out there day after day reading blogs, tweeting and using Facebook, right? I don't think so. And you don't think that pushing a certain school has it's benefits to that particular school? Slighting an area school has it's detriments too. It all comes down to fairness. And by the way, for those who want to see KJ Kamler on film again (now that he has declared to the NFL), be patient. A few years from now, if he scores a TD for some team, channel 6 or 8 will do an exclusive expose on it.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Johnstown is much closer to 50/50 than it is overwhelmingly for Penn State.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

And your proof is...…?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

LeeCorso wrote: January 1st, 2020, 1:13 pm Regardless of the fact that you like Pitt, and a few friends like Pitt, and your family likes Pitt, and maybe a neighbor likes Pitt the overwhelming majority of people even in Johnstown root for Penn State.

If we're being honest, the overwhelming majority of people in Johnstown don't care about Pitt or Penn State football for one. Those that do, it's probably pretty pretty close to even. I don't think there's some overwhelming majority of Penn State fans over Pitt fans in Johnstown after living here for so long.

I don't think there are really numbers to support either argument, just kind of general observations from living in the town.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Well, that's your opinion. So you guys are saying that our local TV sports coverage of Division I University of Pittsburgh is equal to that of Division I Penn State. So tell me, how many times over the last year have you seen highlights or scores of Pitt wrestling, Pitt baseball. Pitt soccer, Pitt women's softball, Pitt women's basketball, Pitt women's volleyball, etc. Hardly ever or never. Funny, you see the same sports at PSU mentioned all the time on channel 6 and 8. So don't tell me the coverage between the two schools is anywhere equal.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’m not saying anything. I’m just saying I think there’s probably an equal amount of fans in Johnstown of both schools. I was responding to LeeCorso, not you.