Patriots Caught Again

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Patriots Caught Again

Post by konjo78 »

Low and behold the patriots have been caught cheating again after Bengals staff discover a patriot/kraft employee filmimg their sideline during sundays game.

We have been told that the patriots/Bill had no idea this happened and that the film crew was for a web series documenting life of everyday staff. But if you look back at spygate the fall back for scouts/individuals filming teams sidelines were to say they were filming for a documentary crew andn were contracted to kraft.

If it turns out they got caught redhanded here death penalty should be brought down on this orginization once and for all.
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Patriots Caught Again

Post by sportsfan1072 »

What would be the "Death Penalty" be for an NFL team? Forcing Kraft to sell the team? Firing entire staff or just the coaching staff? Reduction in draft picks? Taking back their Super Bowl titles since the current regime took over? Moving them out of New England - say to London (their has been talk of putting a team there), Mexico City, or somewhere else in the US/Canada? Just shutting them down all together and letting all players become free agents? Making them hire Freddie Kitchens as their coach? All of the above?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Banning them from post season play for a few seasons.

Banning coach/owner

Cutting their salary cap in half.

Take away their 1st-4th round picks for a few years.

Any and all of these would work
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The most they would lose are draft picks.
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sportsfan1072 »

Unfortunately, I think Crimson is right, along with a hefty fine.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Potentially true but i feel the fact this is the 2nd time potentially being caught by this may create more of a sense of urgency.

NFL and their owners are very political. Have to imagine a good amount were not happy about Kraft and his spa visit this summer, I can imagine them all looking at this as an oppurtunity to make a statement/play against craft, bill and the patriots
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BasketballFan12345 »

Patriots were shooting for a show they run called “do your job.” So they recorded the scout doing his job. Home team browns were well aware and allowed them to do this, but the bengals scout didn’t know and flagged it. Nothing major will result as the home team knew and the patriots told the nfl they were doing it too. I’m a steelers fan and I can tell you this was just a misunderstanding from a bengals scout and nothing will occur
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Cheating happens more than you think, just doesn’t make the news all the time

https://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

NFLPA would never allow the league to reduce a team’s salary cap.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

BasketballFan12345 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:08 pm Patriots were shooting for a show they run called “do your job.” So they recorded the scout doing his job. Home team browns were well aware and allowed them to do this, but the bengals scout didn’t know and flagged it. Nothing major will result as the home team knew and the patriots told the nfl they were doing it too. I’m a steelers fan and I can tell you this was just a misunderstanding from a bengals scout and nothing will occur
It is being reported that the alledge footage had the patriots staff filming the bengals sideline for 8 minutes in the first quarter, not the scout himself.

Like i said before Spygate showed that New England had scouts with cameras go undercover with the story they were filming for a documentary and then film opponent sidelines looking for information they could use.

This is the exact playbook they used in the past during the first time they got caught. Wouldnt be surprised if we see more teams coming out saying the patriots requested a crew for this show throughout the whole season. Good on the bengals org for catching them red handed