James Franklin might be done?

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Today national news is picking up the hazing scandal that is directed towards penn state. Reading through espns article I found myself angry that these types of behaviors happen/are acceptable to some. Hearing players use some of these phrases puts me in a state of disgust.

With the allegation franklin and his staff put a blind eye to this behavior he may be gone soon. I also feel if these allegations are found to be true Penn State should suffer a swift, hard penatly. Its 2020 and there is 0 reason for hazing to he tolerated anywhere.
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Re: James Franklin might be done?

Post by Roofee »

If allegations are true that Franklin knew what was happening he better be gone. Might make landing another job a little difficult which he totally deserves if he was aware of it and ignored and even punished the kid for it. Parents turn their kids over to these people trusting that they will be looked after not victimized.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Wow, people like you two must have a difficult time getting through life soaking in the spoon fed clickbait narratives of today’s media.

This was already investigated and cleared internally by the athletic department, university police, and student affairs.

This was already investigated and cleared externally by the local police and District Attorney.

Multiple players currently in and who have transferred out of the program have fully disputed these claims.

This attorney has sued Penn State and James Franklin multiple times before.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

@abp - Haters are going to hate no matter what. I agree totally of zero tolerance for hazing, but it seems this kid was a problem from day one, and as you said it has already been investigated by multiple agencies not affiliated with PSU.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

If he uses the same effort with his legal council as his clock management.....

Live on Twitter

James Franklin:
DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT, DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT, DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT,
DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT, DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT, DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT,
I BEAT PITT, DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT, DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT,
DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT,

Hope its not true for everyone involved. Cause if this stuff did happen, heartbreaking for everyone involved.
Thanks!
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Not trying to jump on the PSU hater bandwagon, but how much stock can you put into investigations by the school, and even the local DA that relies on the local voters for a job. There would be a lot of motivation for everyone in and around State College to keep something this quiet. I think back to the cover-up of Jamies Winston's rape by everyone in Tallahassee. And of course rape is much much worse than anything alleged here.

Trying to keep an open mind about this, but have to wonder why this kid would make-up a story like this if he has moved on to Cal. Do you want to be forever known as the guy that got T-bagged? And then made a national story out of it? And the suspension of Barber, coincidence? ??? And who that has ever played sports or been in a frat, is not thinking that this is possible? Stuff like this has gone on forever.

If he made the whole thing-up, he does suck.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Isaiah Humphries couldn’t even get an immediately eligibility waiver from the NCAA. Remember Justin Fields got this for apparently being bullied.

Let’s not lose sight of the fact this attorney has represented multiple cases against Penn State and even one against James Franklin in the past.
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

I'm pretty sure I said "if" the allegations are true and never said anything about them being true and factual. And about the internal and external investigations, ummm wasn't Jerry investigated long before he was ever arrested and found to be innocent of allegations? I know nothing of this attorney and his vendetta against psu, just simply stated if true Franklin needs to go.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

abpk2903 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:29 am Isaiah Humphries couldn’t even get an immediately eligibility waiver from the NCAA. Remember Justin Fields got this for apparently being bullied.

Let’s not lose sight of the fact this attorney has represented multiple cases against Penn State and even one against James Franklin in the past.
Surely we can wait until all the evidence has come out in a court of law before proclaiming one side guilty and the other side innocent.

I've done this a few....hundred times in my lifetime. So I get it. Usually regret it later.

Just because we are fans, we shouldn't rush to judgement during something like this.

Might I remind everyone, none of us knows Franklin personally. We don't know what he is like.

We just know what he is like in front of a camera. Trust me, college coaches know this. That camera image better be great, it could land them the next 5 star recruit.

If I have learned anything over the years, especially regarding things of this nature, we don't truly know anyone.

That being said, as a coach in the area, ALL I know one thing if for sure. However this shakes down (innocent or guilty), I will probably have a few more trainings, certificates, etc to attend thanks to PSU and their football program. Little more change out of my pocket and more of a headache to be able to coach children. That frustrates me.
Thanks!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

You act like you’re the only guy to ever coach a sport. If it’s that troubling for you, don’t do it.