Roger Take A Knee

The name says it all!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Roger Take A Knee

Post by knowitall »

Our military bases should be named after Americans, not those who took up arms against Americans.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I think a lot of this actually came from how Appomattox was handled. Southern soldiers weren't held captive or imprisoned, they had to lay down their arms, swear an oath, and they were free to go home. They wanted the Union to become one again and not have a constant "grudge". Of course I think this lead to a lot of the Southern freedom of honoring such characters. Just because slavery was abolished didn't mean everything would change over night and it certainly hasn't, but someone had said on CNN that this is the worst it's ever been. Not hardly, but it's more magnified because each case is under a microscope and the media uses one case to blanket a city, county, state, or nation. There's bad people out there for sure, but not to the degree we're being told. It's both sides too. Each story is the end of the world finger pointing from the 1% of the population, if that. The more cancel culture rhetoric we see the divide will deepen. Same as abolishing slavery, just because you cancel people, block on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, doesn't make them go away. What makes them go away is people seeing it. If you can openly see who people really are, their businesses will suffer, families, etc. and that's how it goes away. Not with more divide like we're seeing or just putting them in a drawer thinking they're gone only to return later.

As far as statues go, IDK we're 155 year past the Civil War. These should've been taken down years ago, now it's hard not to see it again as the 1% who yell the loudest. I don't condone what Lee, Jackson, Stuart, etc. did as far as splitting away from the country to protect their way of life, but their military minds are my peak interest as an avid Civil War enthusiast. We named tanks after these men because of how they fought not because they wanted their platform propped up and prolonged. I also don't see them as Saddam's, Castro's, Stalin's, where statues were built by them in their own honor. Morgan Freeman did an interview that I loved personally where he expressed the way to make it go away is to quit talking about it and I fully believe that's true. Man shot by other man, why does race need to be tagged on it? Only causes more divide. There's too much finger pointing at everyone for the actions of few. Have to come together and the media has to be better. They simply have to be. They're using their power to push narratives down both sides of the aisle.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

12HankQB wrote: June 18th, 2020, 8:46 am I think a lot of this actually came from how Appomattox was handled. Southern soldiers weren't held captive or imprisoned, they had to lay down their arms, swear an oath, and they were free to go home. They wanted the Union to become one again and not have a constant "grudge". Of course I think this lead to a lot of the Southern freedom of honoring such characters. Just because slavery was abolished didn't mean everything would change over night and it certainly hasn't, but someone had said on CNN that this is the worst it's ever been. Not hardly, but it's more magnified because each case is under a microscope and the media uses one case to blanket a city, county, state, or nation. There's bad people out there for sure, but not to the degree we're being told. It's both sides too. Each story is the end of the world finger pointing from the 1% of the population, if that. The more cancel culture rhetoric we see the divide will deepen. Same as abolishing slavery, just because you cancel people, block on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, doesn't make them go away. What makes them go away is people seeing it. If you can openly see who people really are, their businesses will suffer, families, etc. and that's how it goes away. Not with more divide like we're seeing or just putting them in a drawer thinking they're gone only to return later.

As far as statues go, IDK we're 155 year past the Civil War. These should've been taken down years ago, now it's hard not to see it again as the 1% who yell the loudest. I don't condone what Lee, Jackson, Stuart, etc. did as far as splitting away from the country to protect their way of life, but their military minds are my peak interest as an avid Civil War enthusiast. We named tanks after these men because of how they fought not because they wanted their platform propped up and prolonged. I also don't see them as Saddam's, Castro's, Stalin's, where statues were built by them in their own honor. Morgan Freeman did an interview that I loved personally where he expressed the way to make it go away is to quit talking about it and I fully believe that's true. Man shot by other man, why does race need to be tagged on it? Only causes more divide. There's too much finger pointing at everyone for the actions of few. Have to come together and the media has to be better. They simply have to be. They're using their power to push narratives down both sides of the aisle.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

12HankQB wrote: June 18th, 2020, 8:46 am I think a lot of this actually came from how Appomattox was handled. Southern soldiers weren't held captive or imprisoned, they had to lay down their arms, swear an oath, and they were free to go home. They wanted the Union to become one again and not have a constant "grudge". Of course I think this lead to a lot of the Southern freedom of honoring such characters. Just because slavery was abolished didn't mean everything would change over night and it certainly hasn't, but someone had said on CNN that this is the worst it's ever been. Not hardly, but it's more magnified because each case is under a microscope and the media uses one case to blanket a city, county, state, or nation. There's bad people out there for sure, but not to the degree we're being told. It's both sides too. Each story is the end of the world finger pointing from the 1% of the population, if that. The more cancel culture rhetoric we see the divide will deepen. Same as abolishing slavery, just because you cancel people, block on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, doesn't make them go away. What makes them go away is people seeing it. If you can openly see who people really are, their businesses will suffer, families, etc. and that's how it goes away. Not with more divide like we're seeing or just putting them in a drawer thinking they're gone only to return later.

Well said.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

As far as professional sports and politics go at the moment, I cant help to laugh at the NBA. The owners and players openly criticize the president of the United States of America and the country itself, the country the majority of them call home. However, when one single G.M. questioned China, it came at a price. China hit back in the bank account and really proved exactly what we all knew. That money is above all. That single tweet cost the NBA millions If not billions and proved that everyone is willing to take a stand until it effects the bottom line. Has anyone seen any NBA stars stand up and speak out on China? Nope.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Bravo, Jimjohn.
It ain't over until it's over.