BLM Floored

The name says it all!
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: BLM Floored

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

In my lifetime, only 3 Presidents have fit your criteria and none have been elected to a 2nd term.
Carter-military and nuclear expert and businessman
Bush Sr.-WW2 vet
Trump- business

It seems that the American people don't share those values. Reagan, Clinton, W, and Obama were all basically just professional politicians and were far more successful politically than those with other backgrounds
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

The sample size hasn't been very large. If the media didn't tell me how terrible Trump is, I'd say he's doing a pretty good job thus far. The economy is good, Middle East and North Korean news has been down, Unemployment still going down even with the Covid spike. Carter and Bush were prior to the age of information. Now if you want to see real numbers, you can look them up. I still can't grasp at the fact we get left with two choices and the DNC is the worst with pushing their choice. Anyone can see that Biden doesn't have it any more, they had plenty of candidates better than Sleepy Joe, but that's not who they pushed.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I don't know what you mean by real numbers and I'm not getting into a Trump debate. Everyone is settled on their opinion of him and we'll see what November brings.

I'm just saying that while people say they want the best and brightest minds leading our country, history does not support that's who we actually vote for most of the time. And if we do, it's not enough to keep them longer.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I meant before the internet of today you couldn't look up everything on a candidate like now. November's just amount to who smeared more. Smartest people typically don't run for president either, then America votes on the lesser of two evils
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

12HankQB wrote: July 8th, 2020, 8:22 am This will never disappear as long as main stream media keeps making every single interaction about race. The news is not the news. Again, I think most of America can see the bull from both sides, but the majority of America are not the ones yelling the loudest. It's the crazies. I'm so tired of the narrative that Trump has divided this country, whenever the same crap was going on under Obama and you have all of these Biden, Schumer, Smith, Rogers, Pelosi, Feinstein that have been in office for decades. Give me something new, not this old garbage that's clinging to their thrones. You shouldn't be in your 80's making decisions about the country, right left, still cognitive. You're old, go home. I also don't want an AOC that's living in her crazy age 30 bubble with not much of a resume. Less politicians and more people who've actually commanded troops, owned a business, run a hospital, invented a rocket. :ymsick:
The MSM media is a disgrace - all of it. Journalism has become pushing one's own personal agenda. They have abused the power given to them by the 1st Amendment. There are no real checks and balances of journalists anymore, because they all push their own agenda. The truth is somewhere in the middle, and I have yet to find a news source that just reports unbiased, non-racially charged, news. It's sad really. To be honest, I've given up that there will ever be a true source of news again. Apparently it doesn't sell, because $$ speaks.

As I've said before, we need a leader to unite us. From an economic standpoint, I agree that Trump has done very well despite vicious and malicious attempts by the left to derail this economy. But Trump has failed to be someone that unites the country at a time when we need that. My goodness, we need another Reagan....... folks on here may not have agreed with his policies (I did, but that's a different topic), but no one can deny that he was a patriotic American. When he spoke, everything he said was just plain common sense that is so lacking today. He worked tirelessly to bring our country together. Certainly, the greatest President of my lifetime. But I fear we are past ever seeing another Reagan again, and I blame the MSM for that (yes, including FoxNews).
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

At one time I thought Colin Powell would be a good option for President. Maybe he still is, but his policies have shifted a little too far left for my liking. I do think he is a good man and a good leader, but his age is too advanced to be President now........
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

.....the day bleachercoaches ran out of sports talk and starting talking politics.....next week, religion
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don’t know, Trump looks desperate lately. He’s going back to all his divisive talking points trying to rile up his base. I don’t know what else he has left.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

His path to victory is to stay quiet which he won't. Guy can't wipe his butt without CNN spinning it.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I dont know how someone can call trump not divisive... Just look at his twitter on a weekly basis, consistently bringing up things that generally have become agreed upon and moved on for most.

Trump has done good, but also bad in their too. As far as the media goes there is definitely way too much bias but people also only want to hear the facts they want to hear. Thats the thing people who complain about the media fail to realize, its as much on themselves for only wanting to see things their way than actually fairness coming out.

I didnt agree with many of the things Obama did during his time but I always found him someone I respect and could trust. Trump is the exact opposite as I do agree with more of his policies but with how HE, not the media, how he acts i dont respect or even trust him.

People may not 100% agree but I believe Trump has done some real damage to the image of our country for those within it and definitely those outside of it.