BLM Floored

The name says it all!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: BLM Floored

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

12HankQB wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:52 pm
theprophet wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:45 pm Aghhhh like I said no need to debate Trump supporters everything is fake news or a hoax lol. Trump is the only truth teller in this fight.

Why do I have to give solutions, I’m not a politician hold your local or national politician to those standards. I’m a voter here to call ball and strikes. Biden2020, racist need not apply. The country is changing either get on board or get left behind
You're right!

Both are clueless, trump supporters are like an iceberg, you only see the small portion out of the water right now, come November you will find out how big this iceberg is. Better stock up on the tissues. MAGA.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

theprophet wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:45 pm Aghhhh like I said no need to debate Trump supporters everything is fake news or a hoax lol. Trump is the only truth teller in this fight.

Why do I have to give solutions, I’m not a politician hold your local or national politician to those standards. I’m a voter here to call ball and strikes. Biden2020, racist need not apply. The country is changing either get on board or get left behind
You're right!

Both are clueless, trump supporters are like an iceberg, you only see the small portion out of the water right now, come November you will find out how big this iceberg is. Better stock up on the tissues. MAGA.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: July 29th, 2020, 5:33 pm

You're right!

Hey buddy that iceberg must be smaller due to global warming because the Donald just suggested we delay the election lmao. Loser! #BLM #Biden2020
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Being that sports are "striking"/postponing games I think this topic is maybe one to bring back up. I for one have no problem saying there are bad cops and in cases there have been/is a police brutality/power problem in this country. But this week all these public figures, athletes and others are causing more trouble by not addressing the Facts being shared/shown in the Jacob Blake case.

1. 911 were called on Blake for breaking and entering that day.

2. When approaching Blake he made police aware he was in possession of a knife, meaning he was armed.

3. Police were not able to subdue him with tazers or by non/firearm means (as shown in one video that came out 2nd).

4. Blake then broke away, walked around his car still ignoring the officers and resisting arrest.

5. Blake opened his front car door and reached in, an officer not knowing what was he would be reaching for shot Blake 7 times.

6. Blake had warrants out for multiple violations, including sexual assault. There were actual reasons behind an attemped arrest.

7. The media/public portrayal of the incident lead to riots that burned down businesses, buildings, cars and more that evening. No one ever truly codemns that****

8. A 17 year old from a neighboring town in the neighboring state comes over with a firearm he has no legal right to be carrying as a minor looking to stop the riots. He then shoots 3 people, 2 who have passed away, causing more outrage.

9. NBA, WNBA, some MLB the postpone games for the next couple days. NHL follow suits the next morning. All in "protest" over a situation they are not applying all the details from the case. Causing more national outrage and unrest.

10. A suicide happens in Minneapolis, which originally is told to the public to be a police shooting incorrectly. This leads to riots and looting in Minneapolis all night, over the wrong claim police killed someone they didnt.

11. LAPD cornered off protestors, did not see any violence happening there so i dont want to label them rioters, in a tunnel. Fueling more outrage of the public overnight.

Almost all of these points could of been avoided if people did not make a maytyr of jacob Blake, instead actually reading the situation but instead we put his incidence in a category we shouldnt and people have died, businesses are lost and we are even further apart as a country.

If players want to strike that is their right, i have no issue. I just dont like seeing all this violence happening over public figures not working the full situation of an incident, letting it spill out of control
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Like I said before, PLAYERS are gonna kill the goose.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

This may have also been avoided had there been some meaningful dialogue and progress towards meaningful change in the 89 days since Derek Chauvin placed his knee on George Floyd’s neck.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

knowitall wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:08 pm This may have also been avoided had there been some meaningful dialogue and progress towards meaningful change in the 89 days since Derek Chauvin placed his knee on George Floyd’s neck.
The only dialogue the players and many people want is quick, guilty trials of people they feel are 100% guilty without researching facts.

States/cities have started defunding police departments in the country, they have started making changes but it all goes to a blind eye to many.

People still think officers need to be arrested for Breonna Taylor's death without reading what actually caused it.

She was in an apartment that officers had a legal warrant to arrest her boyfriend. Boyfriend shot at officers, officers shot back and she lost her innocent life in the crossfire.

The OG story, im sure most players still 100% believe, is jacob blake was stopping a fight between 2 woman. Officers tried to falsely arrest him and when he went to his car they shot him cause he was black.... The actual investigation has shown that to be a major falsehood but its still being spread out there
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

As highlighted in Minnesota last night, people are ready to believe anything. They then get mad when facts come out and they are condemned for using quick judgement to resort to violence saying, "you are part of the problem and dont get it"
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

BLM Floored

Post by ERAChamp »

El-Moldo wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:01 pm Like I said before, PLAYERS are gonna kill the goose.
Couldn't agree with you more!!! I consider myself a diehard baseball, football & hockey fan. Since all of this social justice awakening has sprung up in sports leagues, I have not watched ONE game. I used to watch sports to get away from politics. If these athletes want to protest, boycott, etc that is their right and I have no problem with that. However, they better be prepared to deal with the ramifications of their actions. There are many, many fans out there that won't be back. Be careful what you ask for.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Really been encouraged lately that athletes, especially college athletes, that have found a voice and realize they have more power than they knew they had before. I hope they continue to use their platform to make voices heard on important issues. Sports shouldn't just be a place where people go to forget about the outside world, because those issues affect the athletes too and they have every right to speak up on them.

The NBA basically responded to the COVID-19 pandemic better than the federal government, and they've done a good job of speaking out on social issues as well.