Re: Steelers

Post by footballfan1 »

Why not call a timeout with 3rd and long and 3 timeouts left?? Ugh
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Have been- like most of us -Steeler fan forever and will continue but just hard to imagine them over coming this funk.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Just needed to get themselves going a bit. That 2nd half might of gotten them out of that funk and 11-6 won't happen. AFC north champs, 12 win season there is no reason to change anything. Good win
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I knew they had it all along lol. Showed a lot of pride battling back to win that game.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Do steelers rest next week? Browns just lost. Browns win next week gets them in playoffs? I assume you have to rest some starters?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Given you haven't had a real bye week this season, i'd say yes. I don't know how much the 2nd or the 3rd seed matters this year with only 1 bye.

You are going to get a good football team in the first round, why not just rest up and not have another injury take place in week 17
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Not to mention letting your starters end the regular season on a high like that is pretty ideal.

If buffalo wins tonight, sit them.

If buffalo losses, id still sit them but wont complain if they play for 2nd seed
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The Colts really disappointed me after having da Stillers on their heels early in the 3rd. Kudo's to Ben, he saved Tomlin's **** today. First round playoff loss regardless of who or where they play.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Steelers can beat anyone. They've shown this, but when they waste an entire half trying to through slants that aren't open then can't run. First and goal, we run the ball one time. Not only did they not run the ball, they didn't throw any quick screens/step backs to let the receivers make a move and get in. The sneak isn't in the playbook. You don't use a fullback. That first half was the biggest load of garbage I've ever seen. When do the Steelers do well? When they mix it up and don't do the same crap over and over. We saw this early in the year and we finally saw it in the second half. I think if you have Spillane back in the middle and we'll be sitting great on defense. Ben was a favorite for MVP 3 weeks ago and now we're ready to burn him down. I think this has been entirely play calling.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

The play of the game, even fooled Romo, the quick pass to JuJu off the obvious Connor run play for a first down. That's what I'm talking about. I'm sure that was all Ben since Connor looked surprised, but be unpredictable. Self Scout
If only closed minds came with closed mouths