Pitt Basketball

The name says it all!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pitt Basketball

Post by abpk2903 »

They lost to St Francis (PA) by 10. SFU went 6-16 overall and finished 9th in the NEC. I don’t think Pitt was guaranteed to rip through a non-conference slate this year. A full slate would have featured a tournament and probably 2 or 3 formidable opponents. I still think they would have finished the season or around the .500 mark.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

You can interpret stats and results any way you want. The proof is in the pudding. Pitt did the best they could this year. For every St.Francis type of loss, there is a win against a Va Tech. Honestly, when Pitt released their schedule in the fall, I was HOPING they could play .500 ball. They almost did. There are NO excuses for the results, but I wouldn't blame Capel. There are 357 Division I men's b-ball teams. ONE will be extremely happy in a few weeks. The others will look at their season as a glass half full or half empty. It depends what you were expecting when the season started.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

A win against VT? That’s their best win. Playing in a terrible ACC. Capel is not ascending. Not to mention zero recruits for next season. Not sure how any Pitt fan can be pleased with the current outlook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Maybe I'm not hard to please. I can't help their situation. I'm just a fan. Better luck next year.