World Cup 2022

The name says it all!
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

World Cup 2022

Post by ERAChamp »

Soccer may be the world's most popular sport, but it will NEVER be America's most popular sport.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: World Cup 2022

Post by Manfred »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 5:59 pm
Manfred wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 9:07 am Nah. Just biding time between real sport seasons of football (American) and hoops/ rasslin'.
Lol. He wasn't attacking you. There's nothing wrong with watching a few weeks of soccer every 4 years.
I don't have that much Pepcid Complete in my medicine cabinet. The previous 2 posters have made the entire case against "futbol". :))
It ain't over until it's over.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I used to be on the anti soccer player team, that they are cry babies. Than I did club soccer while in college with friends and started to see why they are actually in pain. Those metal cleats are extremely painful to be stomped on or hit by. More pain than Ive had in any other sport ive participated in.

As far as the US penalty it made sense to me. The USA player basically ran over the Wales attacker who had clear posession of the ball. If it was hockey you'd of seen a penalty called in the same way too.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

The replays showed glancing contact, the kinds if things that happen on every play in football.

Penalty, but not penalty shot. the guy from Wales had his back to the goal with several people around him.

Not my sport. Just giving my observations.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Any penalty that takes place in the box is a penalty shot. It wasnt that it was taking away the scoring chance just the rule. Get your observations though
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Hey US made it to bracket stage. They'll be underdogs against Netherlands but I think its one of their best match up options