Gazzette top sport stories omission!

PIAA- Track and Field
level7hunter
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Gazzette top sport stories omission!

Post by level7hunter »

Lets see for some good competition you could look to the westpac or even district six which is renowned for pumping out champions.
level7hunter
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by level7hunter »

Not to mention it doesn't matter because people don't give two shits about track i think its time you woke up and smelled the coffee trust me I ran in high school and I'm running right now in college and the sad truth is no one cares about track no matter how good you are.
level7hunter
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by level7hunter »

Sorry I meant the WPIAL not westpac
windbersoccerstinks
Freshman
Freshman

Post by windbersoccerstinks »

wow i didn't know district five is garbage? i think windber probably put more state champions in hurdles that all of district six schools combined... Im gunna say that district five is not garbage and level7 just because u don't care about track doesn't mean everyone else doesn't... i don't care about tennis or golf that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't care.
level7hunter
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by level7hunter »

Did I ever say I don't care about track I run it you moron I just said no on else does welcome to life you'll never be as popular as football or basketball or even soccer.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Level 7 district 6 is twice as big as district5 the wpial is also a big area!For the number of teams we have in this district we do very well!Alot of district 5 schools run against bellwood tyrone and the occassional lhac opponent.Almost all run against bedford who I would consider a laurel highlands contender most years especially on the boys side.I'm not here to compare sports but track does have it's following.By the way the no one cares comment is dead wrong.If you ever have been to shippensburg for states or altoona for wcc than you should know that these events are always well attended by spectators!I also really don't think soccer has a greater following than track!Let's remeber we are talking about the mainstay of the summer olympics in track an field.Also last years district results would not have favored district 6 against 5 on the boys side.You guys get 3 automatic bids to states we get 1 unless the state qualifier was met.There were events last year were our second place kid stayed home with better times and distances than your champions,not really fair is it!You need to study the facts a little closer before you post and especially on a topic that has nothing to do with district 5 claiming that they are better than district6! By the way if you are looking for districts that are truly pumping out the champions you wouldn't look to district 6 I believe you may look towards the harrisburg,pittsburgh or philly districts!Of course they have a higher populous thus it would only make sense they would have more champs but wait I guess thats the difference between d5 and d6.In short don't crap on other peoples accomplishments!By the way level 7 I too ran track in highschool have coached in and competed after highschool for more than 20 years!
LionDad77
Junior
Junior

Post by LionDad77 »

level7 let's look at last years WCC. At my count and I my be off by 1 or 2, there were 15 d6 schools there. D5 had 8. CR beat all of the d6 schools.The year before 1 d6 school was ahead of CR. I think they would do well against any d6 and have in years past beating most. As for WPIAL how many d6 AA compete against them,I don't know do you? As for nobody caring that is why this thread was started, if there was more exposure then it might make the differance. I support any sport that gets young people outside or in a gym instead of in front of a TV playing mindless games. I hope you do well at your college T&F team and one day maybe we will hear about you being in the Olympics like the number one story for the gazette.