Shippensburg Invitational

PIAA- Track and Field
wickedcrossover
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Shippensburg Invitational

Post by wickedcrossover »

If you want a site where you can stay on top of all the times and distances throughout the season throughout the state then checkout penntrack.com which changes to pa.milesplit.com or something like that. You don't have to be a member to get the results of all the invitationals and/or schedules and/or past results. However, if you want to get the state and/or national rankings then you have to become a member. $25.00

If you're into HS T&F and CC, then this is an excellent site.....check it out
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

usatf oldguy wrote:Altoona is gonna keep winning invite after invite if they don't get the injury bug.I'm curious to see how they do at penn relays this week.A lot of talent on that team!They will be pushed at the penn relays let's see how low they go there.
WOW!!!!!!!! They really went LOWWWWW!!!Congrats ALTOONA!!
play maker
Freshman
Freshman

Post by play maker »

old school...what are you talking about when you say that anyone can run a 100 but it takes real athletes to run the 3200...anyone can go out and jog for a while around a track...they wouldn't be able to run a 100 without getting laughed at when they cross the finish line.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.......Vince Lombardi
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

PLAY MAKER.....Show me a female sprinter who can run the 3200 under 14.10 minutes or a male sprinter who can run it under 11:24. You will be hard pressed to find one but I bet you can find more than one long distance runner who can run the the 100 (female) under 13.8 and a (male) under 11.7.

Donaldson, Mitchell and Wilt all could have been good sprinters.

If you want to win something run the 100 if you want to experience something run the 3200
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
play maker
Freshman
Freshman

Post by play maker »

Are you high old school...i will guaruntee you you can not find a distance runner in the LHAC that can run under an 11.7 in the hundred...and the only reason teh sprinters don't do distance is because they're so used to doing everything so fast they don't have the kind of time to jog around for 11 minutes...it gets boring for them.
wickedcrossover
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by wickedcrossover »

Two diferent ceatures. Elite distance runners aren't going to run the 100 even if they could bust 12 seconds because they wouldn't be competitive. Elite sprinters aren't going to waste their time running multiple laps even if they could bust 12 minutes in the 32.....once again it's that competitive drive that wouldn't allow them to be mediocore.

Also, fast twitch vs. slow twitch muscles. The surest way for a sprinter to screw himself up is to start running long slow runs. Just not good.

However, it's always a fun debate. Whenever a sprinter says to a distance runner "come on, I'll race ya" and the distance runner replies "one mile or two?". The distance runner just won. On the other hand, the distance runner is smart enough not to make that challenge.
play maker
Freshman
Freshman

Post by play maker »

thats stupid..
St. Lewis28
Freshman
Freshman

Post by St. Lewis28 »

Shippensburg is a great chance for athletes to get a chance to compete against tougher teams. I was on hand at last years meet to see records broken and national ranks achieved.