Disturbing news for crusher fans

PIAA- Track and Field
P.I.T.T.
Junior
Junior

Re: Disturbing news for crusher fans

Post by P.I.T.T. »

Well, I see where your coming from academically, its just a touch overrated.I'll give you that.I wouldn't go as far to say I would send my kids to Johnstown over McCort, no offense to them, because countless great and gifted kids have come out of there. But you're telling me that if you went to a school who consistently was competitive in most of the schools sports, (especially within the past 5-10 years) you wouldn't have a chip on your shoulder? Come on now. That is usually how it is though, not only in sports but in the world. I mean everyone hates the United States, why because we are the best country on the face of the earth, and we have certain rights and privileges that other countries do not. I, also being a former student at McCort can agree that it has changed ten-fold since i graduated, which was not long ago at all. But, just because parents act a certain way is no reason to hate a school....
GeodesicDome
Freshman
Freshman

Post by GeodesicDome »

Ok, i just want to say one thing. McCort is very good in athletics all around but so could any school that lures in athletes by offering them free education. They start off with average athletes and slowly bring in better ones giving them the advantage in the athletic conference. Slowly this has been happening for years and i don't see it stopping any time soon. This is what most McCort students, parents, and fans have been using as an excuse ever since then, that people are just envious. Thats just ridiculous. Get over yourselves, please. Your just coming off as stupid. Enough said.
P.I.T.T.
Junior
Junior

Post by P.I.T.T. »

Fair enough, but answer me this. Are they doing anything wrong. Where does it say that what they are doing is wrong? It isn't McCorts fault that they have alumni that want to give back to the school in the form of paying for a students tuition. As far as I a concerned, that is just putting into action one of the morals that is taught there, Charity. And I am sure, that if you had a son or daughter that had superior athletic or academic ability, and you did not have the means to send them there and someone offered to pay their way through, you would turn them down, right? :roll: Life is about opportunities, and it is a proven fact that kids that play a sport at McCort have a better opportunity to continue their careers through the next levels. This is thanks in part to the constant effort of the coaches putting together highlight tapes, calling schools, sending out transcripts etc.
bluelightning3
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bluelightning3 »

PITT, THANK YOU you just took everything I have ever tried to put into words about the Mccort debate and just summed it up perfectly. WOW :D
P.I.T.T.
Junior
Junior

Post by P.I.T.T. »

bluelightning3
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bluelightning3 »

You're welcome :D
GeodesicDome
Freshman
Freshman

Post by GeodesicDome »

P.I.T.T. wrote:Fair enough, but answer me this. Are they doing anything wrong. Where does it say that what they are doing is wrong? It isn't McCorts fault that they have alumni that want to give back to the school in the form of paying for a students tuition. As far as I a concerned, that is just putting into action one of the morals that is taught there, Charity. And I am sure, that if you had a son or daughter that had superior athletic or academic ability, and you did not have the means to send them there and someone offered to pay their way through, you would turn them down, right? :roll: Life is about opportunities, and it is a proven fact that kids that play a sport at McCort have a better opportunity to continue their careers through the next levels. This is thanks in part to the constant effort of the coaches putting together highlight tapes, calling schools, sending out transcripts etc.
Yes, I agree with your part in the fact that alumni pay tuition for new student athletes. But, it is not true that McCort kids have a better opp. with moving on further in their careers. Scouts will look at Johnstown, Central Cambria, Somerset, etc..(LHAC Schools) just the same, (as long as they see tape or hear about the kid, same with mccort). Now they may favor McCort but who are they going to give the scholarship to a good McCort kid or a LaRod Stephens. Kid you not, McCort has produced some fine athletes, NFL material but so have surrounding schools. Not all LHAC schools have put an NFL player out there, but McCort has sent some. Most coaches with a great athlete will contact college coaches about their player just as much as McCort will, due to the fact they want their name to be heard as producing a college all-star. As a former alumni I shall say, half of what you said I back you up, but the part that says mccort has better recruiting is just wrong. Thanks and repost
P.I.T.T.
Junior
Junior

Post by P.I.T.T. »

True...but not mentioning names, I can think of at least 5 guys that went to McCort, and never played a down at all. (Not even special teams) who got recruited to play at the next level, and that obviously isnt from highlight tape eh....but all in all good argument and i agree to disagree
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

What college wants a kid that can't even start for a single A highschool team in the Johnstown area? Besides new programs or teams taking a chance on a big body or something.. NONE!
P.I.T.T.
Junior
Junior

Post by P.I.T.T. »

Well...lets see here. Just to name a few.....St. Vincent, Seton Hill, Westminster... I never said these kids were playing Pitt, Penn State and Ohio State here, I simply said they were playing college football. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill just for the sake of doing it.