predictions for 09' District 5 Meet ?

PIAA- Track and Field
sportsfan5
Freshman
Freshman

predictions for 09' District 5 Meet ?

Post by sportsfan5 »

what is district 5 looking like this year ??
CCKICKER23
Freshman
Freshman

Re: predictions for 09' District 5 Meet ?

Post by CCKICKER23 »

Bedford.
sportsfan5
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sportsfan5 »

bedford ?
where did they come from ?
i heard about their 4x1 team but i didnt know that had enough to win the district meet.
sportsfan09
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sportsfan09 »

I dont know what you've been following this year, but Bedford has more than enough firepower to take district 5 this year. I predict their winning margin to be 50+. They have a strong hurdler that consistantly runs in the low 15's and is almost a full second faster than the next qualifier. They have the top two disc throwers in the district along with theyre usual sprinters and jumpers that place consistantly. Both the 4x4 and the 4x1 are top in the district, along with a 3 ranked 4x8. The only place they lack is the mile and two mile. They could have 8 or 9 district champs....thats unheard of.
sportsfan5
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sportsfan5 »

yep
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Bedford is probably the favorite but don't count out everett.They have millen and waltman and swindell.If they have good days they could be the spoiler.
LionDad77
Junior
Junior

Post by LionDad77 »

Bedford should win D5. They have many athletes that may not win their event but get enough points to put them over the top.Note to sportsfan09, Bedford has two of the top three discus throwers in D5 the top spot goes to McConnellsburg's Robert Shehan though not noted on the D5 web site he has the longest throw this season. His fisrt meet of the year he threw 152' and change. I saw him throw 150'2" at Shippensburg & 150'8" at CR last Wed.. He has thrown approx. 8' farther than the Beford boys.
wickedcrossover
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by wickedcrossover »

Bedford is going to be extremely hungry after barely getting beat by Central Cambria in the LHAC Championship. I look for them to have a monster performance.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Overall depth will probably win it for the bisons but I have seen some strange things happen before at district meets,let's not overlook the team that placed third at West Central Coaches Meet.I see it as a two dog race on both the boys and girls side,nbc and bedford on the girls should be a real good one too.You gotta figure crawford and harris cancel out each other,but who has the better depth beyond those two?It will be fun to see!
sportsfan5
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sportsfan5 »

well yeah you have crawford and harris canceling out on the girls side. but what about boys, who is the close team to bedford? And where do you think points will be gained and lost ?