Walk in the park

PIAA- Track and Field
play maker
Freshman
Freshman

Walk in the park

Post by play maker »

The Bedfofrd boys track team the other day at districts completely dominated the field...i think the next closest team to them point wise was berlin who was still about 40 points away from catching bedford...i'm pretty sure that every team left as soon as the 4x4 was over exept bedford because they knew that they weren't even close to winning.....what do you think.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.......Vince Lombardi
Jolly Green
Senior
Senior

Re: Walk in the park

Post by Jolly Green »

Congratulations to Bedford on a great team effort. The actual final scoring went like this:

Bedford, 145; Berlin, 90; Everett, 82; Windber, 42; McConnellsburg, 41; Northern Bedford, 38; Chestnut Ridge, 38; Conemaugh Township, 18; Meyersdale, 15; Tussey Mountain, 14; Shade, 13; Fannett-Metal, 12; Rockwood, 8; Forbes Road, 1; Southern Fulton 1

That makes it a 55 point victory over second place Berlin. When you have by far the largest boys enrollment in the district (as shown below) it would be a surprise if you didn't win (like last year when Chestnut Ridge won). But seriously Mike, crowing about it in public and denigrating the other schools in the district is not the action of a winner with class.

FROM PIAA WEBSITE:
SCHOOL ENROLLMENT
Bedford High School 272
Chestnut Ridge High School 218
Windber Area High School 191
Everett Area High School 180
Tussey Mountain High School 148
Rockwood Area High School 142
Northern Bedford County High School 138
Conemaugh Township Area High School 132
McConnellsburg High School 131
Berlin Brothersvalley High School 115
Meyersdale Area High School 103
Southern Fulton High School 94
Shade High School 88
If you don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Let me ask you a question Play Maker. Why can Bedford dominate in the individual sports such as wrestling and track but do terrible in football, basketball and baseball......When it is basically the same student athletes playing these sports...If you want my two cents it’s because football, basketball and baseball are team sports and there are to many "I" on those teams
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
P.I.T.T.
Junior
Junior

Post by P.I.T.T. »

Well said.
play maker
Freshman
Freshman

Post by play maker »

basically the same kids that played football and basketball also run track...and the bedford baseball team is in the playoffs i think.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.......Vince Lombardi