2009 PIAA Track Meet

PIAA- Track and Field
sassysmeagol
Freshman
Freshman

2009 PIAA Track Meet

Post by sassysmeagol »

Any predictions for the local kids at states this year? And does anyone know why Central Cambria scratched their girls' 4x800 relay that would have been ranked 2nd in the state (Lewisburg has the top seed at 9:35--and CC ran 9:39 at districts)? For a team that won PIAA silver last year, I'm shocked that they scratched--they would have had a chance for gold this year! Was it an injury? Schedule conflict? Ego? I'm confused.
P.I.T.T.
Junior
Junior

Re: 2009 PIAA Track Meet

Post by P.I.T.T. »

From what I hear around town sadly,its ego. This is strictly what I have heard. News is that Seymour scratched herself from the relay at practice this week because she refused to run as a 2nd seeded team. I heard she gave the team the reason that, "running is a way of life for me, I refuse to be 2nd." I'm not sure if anyone has told her, but she can still run and get 1st. From what I also heard, last year when they placed 2nd, she was crying uncontrollably on the podium while receiving the silver medal, and she does not want to face that situation again. AGAIN, this is strictly what I have heard through the grapevine, and by no means am I talking down upon the team or Ms. Seymour. If anyone has any other stories let me know, because I am not too sure this one has any truth to it all.
once a runner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by once a runner »

What you have heard is obviously not true PITT. If an individual or team scratches from the state meet it MUST be done at the district meet. There is no way the girl could have scratched the team at practice this week. My understanding is that Kendall Seymour is injured and not able to run at states. Without her on the team, the CC team would go from a contender to win, to having to run very well just to medal. Kelsey Seymour has a legitimate shot at winning the 1600, but the girls from Harborcreek and Lewisburg and very formidable. I think Seymour's kick gives her a great chance in the 1600. Running the 4x800 would only hurt her chances. Personally, I feel the coaches at CC made good choice to drop her from the 4x800 to let her focus on the 1600.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Tyrone results- Shaffer 6th jav,Ingle 4th in 1600, Reihart 7th high jump
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein