State Cross Country

PIAA- Track and Field
once a runner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

State Cross Country

Post by once a runner »

The D6 girls did a great job. Central Cambria won their 3rd straight title and had 3 medalists (Brandis 4th, Kelsey Seymour 7th and Kendall Seymour 25th). There were 3 other D6 girls capturing medals (Piccirillo of HC in 5th, Miller of LV in 16th and Wirfel of FH in 24th. I believe D6 had the most medals in AA girls. Not sure what happened to Wirfel as she was one of the favorites. The D6 boys had 2 medalists (Woodrow of Marion Center was 6th and King of BM was 25th). Great performances and seasons by all who earned medals.

I saw a couple of girls from D5 cracked the top 70 (Zanella was 55th and Snyder was 63rd...very solid performances in their first state meet.) I noticed that nobody from Ridge showed up in the results (boys or girls). Does anyone know why their qualifiers did not run?
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: State Cross Country

Post by old school »

I was wondering the same thing OAR. Maybe South Paw can shed some light on why CR didn't run at states.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Congrats to central cambria on another state title.They seem to know what they are doing and reload nicely every year.They deserve a little more press after all when have you seen another sports team from around this area win 3 straight state championships? GOOD JOB!!!
wickedcrossover
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by wickedcrossover »

CC girls ran great. Wirfel simply had her first bad race of her career - bad timing- but I believe she'll come back with vengence next year.

Speaking of next year, CC girls might even be stronger. So don't be surprised if they don't notch four straight. WOW
roadrunner13
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by roadrunner13 »

wirfel told me she didnt kno she had the flu till after the race so thats why she was so far back, but still impressive of how much heart she has..24th on the flu..rough stuff still i tihnk she'll come back in track and just dominate..atleast she says thats her plan
chinkyrev
Freshman
Freshman

Post by chinkyrev »

Kendall Seymour. that's all i have to say :twisted:
ccwrestler72
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ccwrestler72 »

i am looking forward to see if central cambria can live up to there past legacy and come out on top this year for the four time in a row.
basketballfan7
Freshman
Freshman

Post by basketballfan7 »

once a runner wrote:The D6 girls did a great job. Central Cambria won their 3rd straight title and had 3 medalists (Brandis 4th, Kelsey Seymour 7th and Kendall Seymour 25th). There were 3 other D6 girls capturing medals (Piccirillo of HC in 5th, Miller of LV in 16th and Wirfel of FH in 24th. I believe D6 had the most medals in AA girls. Not sure what happened to Wirfel as she was one of the favorites. The D6 boys had 2 medalists (Woodrow of Marion Center was 6th and King of BM was 25th). Great performances and seasons by all who earned medals.
cracked the top 70 (Zanella was 55th and Snyder was 63rd...very solid performances in their first state meet.) I noticed that nobody from Ridge showed up in the results (boys or girls). Does anyone know why their qualifiers did not run?
I saw a couple of girls from D5

alysaa brandis is only a sophomer and is tearing and next year they will look strong with alyssa and brandis and ellie wentz