Northern's girls

PIAA- Track and Field
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

Tell me about it.. I have never been in so much pain or so sore like I am after the first week of track practice.
crunchem'46
Freshman
Freshman

Post by crunchem'46 »

So the first week of track is the worst???
crunchem'46
Freshman
Freshman

Post by crunchem'46 »

sccrgirl your right there seemed to be alittle bit more interset in track this year for the Northern Bedford girls. There are a good many Freshman.
sportsrus
Trophy King
Trophy King

Post by sportsrus »

Is Tina still coaching the girls track team at NBC or has she retired from coaching that since her daughters have both graduated?
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i dont really think any week of track is easy, but the first seems the hardest because its something ur not used to, u can train all u want but nothing will prepare u 100% for the first week of track.

and if tina quit coaching just because her daughters graduated, then she just lost alot of respect from me, coaches should be their for THE kids not THEIR kids....just my opinion
STRAIGHT
Soccergrrl
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Soccergrrl »

A lot of the girls thought Tina would quit it all, but turns out she is still going to coach the girls and guys distance and pretty much all the girls. She is a good coach and I am glad that she is sticking around. I knew what it felt like having a new coach in soccer, and all the games we lost due to lack of experience and talent pretty much. I am looking forward to see what kind of talent and dedication we have on the track team.
Lemmy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lemmy »

Hint from an oldtimer, especially for you distance runners.... Get out and do some running now. It will make the first weeks of track practice easier.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. Pre
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

Well, I know at Bedford, the first week of track isn't the hardest.. We just run 3 miles or so everyday. But it is definitely the most painful week because everyone is just getting back into things; by the second and third day of track, I can barely walk. Literally. I think the second or third week is the hardest because that is when we first go outside to start running 200s, 300s, 400s, 500s, 800s, etc. It's so horrible, but like Gunner said, none of it is ever easy.
Soccergrrl
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Soccergrrl »

I personally find the first week the hardest because I don't really do anything but cheer from the end of soccer until about march. I enjoy when I can be lazy, but I just happen to pay for it really bad when track season comes around. :cry:
crunchem'46
Freshman
Freshman

Post by crunchem'46 »

yea your right soccergrrl i just cheer from like Summer till track starts!! I think i will be paying for it during the first weeks of track!!!