States Updates

PIAA- Track and Field
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

States Updates

Post by bbsocceralumni »

I'll be at states both days. Let me know who you want updated on and I'll gladly post.
voncap
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: States Updates

Post by voncap »

updates for any DV athlete would be great.
The easiest thing to do in sports is hustle.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Online updates are posted here throughout the day following the completion of each prelim, just click on the hyperlink when it's highlighted...4x8 and 100/110HH prelims are up...

http://www.piaa.org/news/details.aspx?ID=1966

The AAA boys 4x8 times were ridiculous...It took 7:52 just to make the final. PA historically has some of the best 4x8s in the country. The top 2 4x8 boys all-time are from PA.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:Online updates are posted here throughout the day following the completion of each prelim, just click on the hyperlink when it's highlighted...4x8 and 100/110HH prelims are up...

http://www.piaa.org/news/details.aspx?ID=1966

The AAA boys 4x8 times were ridiculous...It took 7:52 just to make the final. PA historically has some of the best 4x8s in the country. The top 2 4x8 boys all-time are from PA.
Those times are crazy.The 4x800 isn't not a popular race.The majority of states don't contest it.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

If anyone is on line thats at ship,how is the AA girls high jump going?Curious about the district 5 and 6 kids!
zonebreaker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by zonebreaker »

congrats to northern cambria's janae dunchack for winning her 4th consecutive state high jump title.
in the morning, she got 3rd in the long jump.
northern cambria's breanna kochinsky took 6th in the high jump. congrats to her as well.
both compete tomorrow in track events.

from the piaa site:
Finals
1 Dunchack, Janae 12 NrthrnCambria 06 5-08.00 5-06.00 SQS
2 Ward, Ashlee 12 EL Meyers 02 5-04.00 5-04.00 SQS
3 Rimbey, Vanessa 12 Lehighton 11 5-04.00 5-02.00 SQS
4 Mostoller, Kara 12 Reynolds 10 5-02.00 5-02.00 SQS
4 Bittler, Jessica 12 W Middlesex 10 5-02.00 5-02.00 SQS
6 Kochinsky, Breanna 12 NrthrnCambria 06 5-04.00 5-02.00 SQS
7 Coffey, Lindsey 12 Beth Center 07 5-02.00 5-02.00 SQS
8 Doyle, Tori 10 Lakeland 02 5-02.00 5-02.00 SQS
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Yes congratulations to Janae,wow a 4th straight state title,what an achievment!The meet is living up to expectations again.I see altoona is cruising along pretty well and should have a great chance to win!Northern cambria girls are doing well too,unfortunately they probably wont have enough to overcome the philly recruiters.Disrict 6 is doing well.A few district 5 kids are in the mix too,girls aa 400, boys 300 h will medal as long as they finish their prospective races in the finals.A few semifinalists still alive also.I think some of the aa events would stack up well against the aaa.I wish I could have gone today,missed witnessing the new state triple jump record(50'5").Now thats jumping! Should be a classic tommorow!
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Congrats to Hank on his 4th place medal in the shot
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

I understand Gehret split :45.4 on Altoona's 4x4 anchor leg...They qualified for tomorrow's final by winning their heat in 3:16.xx.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

usatf oldguy wrote:Yes congratulations to Janae,wow a 4th straight state title,what an achievment!The meet is living up to expectations again.I see altoona is cruising along pretty well and should have a great chance to win!Northern cambria girls are doing well too,unfortunately they probably wont have enough to overcome the philly recruiters.Disrict 6 is doing well.A few district 5 kids are in the mix too,girls aa 400, boys 300 h will medal as long as they finish their prospective races in the finals.A few semifinalists still alive also.I think some of the aa events would stack up well against the aaa.I wish I could have gone today,missed witnessing the new state triple jump record(50'5").Now thats jumping! Should be a classic tommorow!
Yeah that triple jump was absolutely ridiculous. As soon as he did it everyone there new it was big.