States Updates

PIAA- Track and Field
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: States Updates

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

How about the AAA boys 3200m run? 9:15 gets 11th place, and 5 guys go under 9:10...WOW.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Pretty solid meet for district 6 this year,not so much for 5 though.People from altoona should remember this team cause I personally think it was as well rounded as I've seen before.Lots of points from lots of people ,a true team effort!Alot of gold came home for district 6,has to be one of the districts best years.I see philly is really starting to tear up this meet in AA.The relays are getting tougher and tougher.It's ashame that NC didn't do better in the team race,they have had a great run the past four years!
AmusedChatter
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by AmusedChatter »

Wha hapened to Saylor? He looked like he had horrible races
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

Yeah I'm still baffled at what happened. I don't get it. That was the slowest he ran in 2 years. I don't know if he was nervous or what. All I know is he didn't say anything the whole weekend.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Great meet 4 locals.. B-A kid got a 5th, Patton and Somerset kid split races and both got a gold and a silver each.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Lets give major kudo's to probably the greatest accomplishment at this year's states- Luke Gallaher. He wins the D 6 high jump at 6-7 in only his 3rd meet ever, then wins states at 6-6. Not only a great talent on the basketball court, and a decent baseball player, now maybe he finds his true athletic calling. Imagine what he might accomplish in his future if he had professional mentoring of someone like a Dwight Stones. Simply unreal.
It ain't over until it's over.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Gallaher winning was great, but I think either gehret or dunchak get the greatest accomplishment award.Gehret had the fastest 400m in the US coming into states and scored enough points on his own to win the state title for altoona.Dunchak is now a 4 time champ which is very very rare,to win your first year is tough enough let alone to defend three more times.Maybe even altoona's team itself should be considered the greatest story,they have won indoor and outdoor states again.I think they did it 2 years ago.Anyhow I guess it's great for the area to see so many great stories!
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

usatf oldguy wrote:Pretty solid meet for district 6 this year,not so much for 5 though.People from altoona should remember this team cause I personally think it was as well rounded as I've seen before.Lots of points from lots of people ,a true team effort!Alot of gold came home for district 6,has to be one of the districts best years.I see philly is really starting to tear up this meet in AA.The relays are getting tougher and tougher.It's ashame that NC didn't do better in the team race,they have had a great run the past four years!
Did see where the McConnellsburg boy was 2nd in the discus.
"I'm your huckleberry"
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

southpaw wrote:
Did see where the McConnellsburg boy was 2nd in the discus.
Yeah saw he did well but only one girl and two boys medaled in district5 ,guess I was expecting more coming in.Oh well I guess there is always next year!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I will concede all your points, and about Gehret, I said on here in another thread that he was a great athlete and his times are unreal. I gave my edge to Gallaher because he came from out of nowhere as a raw talent in his event to win it all, and lets hope he has more elevation left next year.
It ain't over until it's over.