WestPac All Conference Team

PIAA- Track and Field
madhatter
Freshman
Freshman

WestPac All Conference Team

Post by madhatter »

Has anyone seen the entire list of who made the "team"? Funny how if it's basketball, football or any other sport there's photos, lunches, etc. I think the athletes at our school were just called to the AD's office and handed their awards. Really shows the kids what's valued.
roadrunner13
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: WestPac All Conference Team

Post by roadrunner13 »

ya same here. wish there was a some recognition in the paper or something
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

They had in the daily american. I believe it was thursday's paper, but not every school was in it.
madhatter
Freshman
Freshman

Post by madhatter »

Yeah, someone told me it was in the daily american, tacked onto the list with softball and baseball. You are correct--not everyone was listed. Bet that wouldn't happen if track was a so called real sport like football or basketball. Pathetic! Where are the sports editors? Oh that's right, they're watching baseball. :P
hoopsgamer
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hoopsgamer »

The Tribune also had the list in Thursday's paper but it was buried in the scoreboard no write up
hoopsgamer
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hoopsgamer »

How do you expect the papers to take it seriously when the West-Pac doesn't even have the list on their own website. That is really pathetic.
madhatter
Freshman
Freshman

Post by madhatter »

In my opinion, the finding anything on the WestPAC's website is a joke. Still, I find it offensive that these athletes have not been properly recognized by any of the local media.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

I would talk to some of the people at the local papers or the actual coaches themselves.The athletes should get recognized!I will say it took awhile for the gazette to catch on over here in bedford county,but have done a good job with it now.Hats off to the altoona mirror as they were the first to have it in the area.What I find ashame is that the mirror didn't have a special section for the state titles that the altoona boys teams have had the past few years.When BG wins a girls bball title they have one though,very unfair.Especially when you consider 2 atheletes on the team had the top performance in their respective event for the whole USA!!! I highly doubt anyone will EVER see this again in our area!!This team should be immortalized!!!