Awesome performances

PIAA- Track and Field
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Awesome performances

Post by Manfred »

Luke cleared 6-10 yesterday against Richland and Johnstown. I'd say look for 7' by districts. He's also been performing well w/ long jump and triple j. and has gone 10.9 in the 100. Can some Ranger genius figure a way to clone him? Awesome.
It ain't over until it's over.
Blueandwhitelion
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Blueandwhitelion »

Great job at 6'10". If he can get 6'11" at D6 meet that will get him the record (6'10"). Darn good job for only his second year jumping.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Just like you can't "teach" size in football, you can't substitute for God-given talents.
Blueandwhitelion
Freshman
Freshman

I had the fortune to watch him jump last year at the D6 meet. That is God given talent for sure.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

LHAC championships: One name. Luke Gallaher. 11.1, 22.5, 6'8".
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

Awesome, but it was a total team effort! I heard burkey and some others really had some great times also! Congrats to forest hills!
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

Luke won 4 events, (Manfred is forgetting Long Jump I believe), and if it was allowed he could've easily won triple jump. The rest of the FH team won 1 event (George in the 400) combined. Doesn't sound like a total team effort to me.. FH Boys Track might be lucky to be .500 without Gallaher. A couple of other kids placed here and there (C. Gallaher and Burkey just to name a few) but when one kid wins four events by himself, it's tough to lose to anyone. Nothing against any of the other members of the team, but Luke really makes it hard for them to lose as long as they show up. I also just recently heard Luke will be going to U. of Pittsburgh on a full athletic scholarship to jump and will not be playing college basketball. This is probably old news but just incase it hasn't been stated yet, congrat's to him.
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

If Luke won 4 events that is only 5x4= 20 unless they got more for a first because of more teams! You had to have guys placing 2nd and 3rds and they add to the winning total more than you think! I agree he is a great talent, but they have to have other good kids to place in the top 6 to get the point total that high to win it all! That is all I am saying, take nothing away from luke, he is like ian sayler from berlin and ian has tons of help to win th west pac championship for berlin and they will win districts also, but not only on saylers 4 first place finishes! You have sprints, middle distance runs, relays, long distance runs, and all those field events that score also, and 1 guy can only participate in 4 events! Total team effort, but I agree luke is their best individual athlete, of the many they have out for track. Those other places add up more than you think when the team wins the whole thing!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I will agree with you on this. You also, lakers. I didn't forget Luke's other win, I just forgot his result so omitted it.
Blueandwhitelion
Freshman
Freshman

4 wins X 10 points each = 40 points. Most big meets are on the 10 point system. One person can change the outcome at a track meet but it is still a team effort.Congrats to FH for the win . I would like to also give props to United for their dominating win in the Heritage finally beating LV after 3 runner up years. Winning
8 events in the meet (3200 relay,long jump,110 hurdles,300 hurdles,shot,jav,tripple jump and 800). Great job guys.