results

PIAA- Track and Field
trackkid
Freshman
Freshman

Re: results

Post by trackkid »

thanks for the info. i was a little concerned he was getting away with something.

NBC invite tonight, any thoughts?
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

Congrats to Berlin. Awesome what they are doing with just a little team. Could have 3 maybe 4 placewinners this year at states. Alex Will in the hurdles possibly Sayler in the 100 and LJ and Romesburg in the PV if he can hit 14 (has hit 13'6"). Biggest shocker that I saw at the meet was Isaac Will. Beating Foore in the 800 shocked me. Any good performances coming out of D6?
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

Berlin boys and girls have a lot of kids out for track! Heck they have like 5 kids boys and girls do every event. When they line up to stretch they take up 40 yards of a field like a football team does! They have 3-4 hurdlers, 6 kids run the 100, and they even have 3 kids pole vault where most schools have 0, so don't make it seem like the numbers are small for the boys and girls at berlin, because you still have more than meyersdale, shade, township,rockwood and blacklick and portage. The only school that compares to numbers with your boys and girls is windber and that is why you two are #1 and #2. Saylor, A. will, I. will do have tons of talent and usually win all their events! Take them 3 out and you are a normal team! Those 3 kids are phenominal in all events and your pole vaulters are the best I have seen in years. If the 3 I mentioned above are seniors and all graduate, you will not win the relays anymore, hurdles, 100, 200, high and long jump. The magruder kid is decent at the 300 hurdles! When you have 3 kids that can do events like the saylor, will and will boy that would carry any team! They are outstanding athletes and track stars that don't come around too often! The gipe kid from windber, and the wilt kid from shade are studs also!
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

There are 20 boys on the team and 5 maybe 6 of them only really score for the team. They have no throwers or distance. Now the girls team has a lot of girls but I was just talking about boys.
trackkid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by trackkid »

Berlin has 7 boy seniors with 4 of them generating 55% of the teams points.
and sadly the ones you said are all seniors. i don't know how many place winners they will have. Alex and sayor are both good chances to place in their events. romesberg needs to increase his height by a few inches to get a place. Isaac Will probably wont place at states if he wins the 400 or 800. thats a tough crowd to be in and the winning times for the 800 are usually sub 2:00 and like a 48 for the 400
The professor60
Freshman
Freshman

Post by The professor60 »

With those 4 athletes which relay will berlin load up and go after the 4X1 or the 4X4. I doubt they will go for both because that would require sayler to drop the 1, 2 or the long jump. Any thoughts?
trackkid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by trackkid »

i think they will take whichever one they think they have the best chance with.
looking at last years times they need to improve the 4x1 by atleast a second which is gonna be hard. and the 4x4 the need to drop like 9 seconds. i dont know if the really have a chance at states for either one
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

What about magruder,boyer, and dauphinus. Those 3 score also along with max dull some! I think dauphinus is a jr, but what about the other 3 mentioned? They do have a lot of talent over at berlin and their girls team is awesome also. Congrats to a good season and I hope they can place in states. I think saylor and will could place at states along with the pole vaulter that does 13-6! I don't think their relays will make it because a. will and saylor carry the 4x1 and i.will and magruder aren't fast enough to place! They will win districts if they don't drop the baton. If they mix and match a. will, i. willsaylor and a kid that has a weird last name that starts with a z and he tapes his shins when he runs the 800 and mile, they may have a chance at a place in the 4x4! Their 4x1 ran a 44.9 at portage and that isn't fast enough to place at states! They will win a lot of medals at districts and have a lot of kids invited to states with the 1st place finishes at districts!
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

sppawfan wrote:What about magruder,boyer, and dauphinus. Those 3 score also along with max dull some! I think dauphinus is a jr, but what about the other 3 mentioned? They do have a lot of talent over at berlin and their girls team is awesome also. Congrats to a good season and I hope they can place in states. I think saylor and will could place at states along with the pole vaulter that does 13-6! I don't think their relays will make it because a. will and saylor carry the 4x1 and i.will and magruder aren't fast enough to place! They will win districts if they don't drop the baton. If they mix and match a. will, i. willsaylor and a kid that has a weird last name that starts with a z and he tapes his shins when he runs the 800 and mile, they may have a chance at a place in the 4x4! Their 4x1 ran a 44.9 at portage and that isn't fast enough to place at states! They will win a lot of medals at districts and have a lot of kids invited to states with the 1st place finishes at districts!
Magruder is a senior, boyer fresh, dauphinaus junior, dull senior. Our relay teams in this area have 1 maybe 2 fast kids on them. You need 4 kids than can run 10.5ish splits to have a chance at states (4x1). I really don't know what Coach Will is going to do with the 4x1 and 4x4 at districts. They have shown they can obviously win the 4x1 without Sayler. Sayler will prolly run 100, 200, 4x1, and LJ at districts. Just my guess though...
The professor60
Freshman
Freshman

Post by The professor60 »

With the current 4X4 of i. will, a. will, saylor, and magruder I think they can get the time down to a state placing time if they work at it. Also I think magruder runs a faster 4 than zavaruka so I think they will stay with the team they ran their best time with. I'm thinking they will run 4X4 instead of 4X1 because that will allow them all to be completed with the other events that they truely shine in and it will allow the four seniors to shine under the lights with the last event of the night. It also would allow them to run across the finishline and bring home the district title that they came close to last year. As good as those four athletes are they have never brought home a district team title on any of their teams. Personally I believe a team title tops the feelings of any indivual title and they are going to want to bring one home before they graduate.