results

PIAA- Track and Field
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: results

Post by sppawfan »

I agree with the 4 running a 4x4 together and having a better chance to place at states than the 4x1, and saylor will run the 100,200, and long jump. those 4 can move in the 400 meter dash, and saylor will have the 3 events that he will win himself. I say they ditch the 4x1 also! You do need kids that can run a 11.0 in the 100 and berlin only has 1! The 400, they have 4 kids with good strides that can run 52 or better and a better chance at states in it! A. will will prolly run the 4x4 relay, high jump, 100 hurdles, and 400! He will make it to states in all those events!
The professor60
Freshman
Freshman

Post by The professor60 »

Do you really think a. will will run the open 4? Or here is another option do they try to win both with a 4X1 of a. will, i. will, magruder, and someone else like daiphinais. then use a 4X4 of saylor, a. will, i. will, and magruder? more points as a team possibly? salor's other events being 1, 2, long and a. will's being hj, 110 hurdles and i. will 8, open 4 and magruder 110 hurdles, 300 hurdles. I realize that 4X1 will not place at states but is it worth the points toward a district title?
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

I heard he ran a 51.6 in the open 400 so that is why I thought he would run that! Noone will beat a 51 if that is true! That kid can motor once he gets going! He is a great athlete and so is saylor. They are fun to watch and I hope they both place in states. That is why I say they scrap the chances of the 4x1 because saylor and will are too good at the other events that they have a better chance to place at states! They could still run i. will, dauphinis, magruder, and dull and still place in districts with that team in the top 6! I think a. will is the fastest at the open 400! I. will is good at the 800!
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

Magruder has a groin injury right now so who knows what his status is. Sayler, Will, and Will are very capable of running 51-52's in the 400. It will be interesting though at what they do. They are more focused as a team than anything else. When it comes down to it all they will go the route at where they can score the most points as a team.
The professor60
Freshman
Freshman

When did a. will run that time in the open 4? and who is this noone kid because when looking at the d5 rankings i. will is #1 with a 51.34?

http://midatlanticsports.net/HonorRoll-2011.pdf
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

I saw it in a newspaper article, but with both having the same last name, maybe they put a.will instead of i. will and made a mistake! I heard people saying at the meets that a.will can run in the 51 range, but he does other events at the meets and you can only have 4! It is possible they ran him in it once or twice because I saw him run the 100 at a meet this year at a 11.5 time! Those time are wrong on that report you put up! Wilt from shade beat both the milers at nbc and kephart from shade ran a 11.3 in the 100 already! They may not be updated! Who are you calling a nobody??? Magruder or the kids name that starts with a z??
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

Most of the times look they are FAT. I know there has been a lot quicker times in some events. It really doesn't matter though as long as you qualify for districts.
The professor60
Freshman
Freshman

I read your post wrong I thought you were saying some kid with the last name noone ran a 51 and i didn't know where he was from. That report is on the d5 website and it was last updated on april 27 I was just trying to get a time table as to when he ran that. I know people have improved since then that's just the last district wide times i've seen.
trackkid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by trackkid »

Honor roll is wrong I.will has only run a 51.9 open and that was just on friday
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

I wouldn't get fixated on times, with the horrible weather this year and lack of facilities at alot of schools, the preparation alot of kids have been doing isn't allowing the times to drop the way they normally would during the course of a season. Heck Pattons' best time in the 400 is still above 50(2 full seconds slower than last year). Times may or may not come down, but the fastest kids will (no pun intended)be there at the end.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein